Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 much noise on ISO100

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm shooting on 100ISO with manual setting, F5-6 and 1/600 shutter.
Do you think it's normal to get this much of noise on the footage?

It has been widely reported that ISO100 isn't giving the quality that one would expect.

Far better quality is being achieved with ISO200

Hi Skylineman,
While watching your clip at Youtube I could not see any camera/ISO noise due to heavy compression artifacts. There is hard color blocking on all water surfaces and other smooth tones (such as concrete tiling...). Can you confirm that you shoot this clip in 4K? Did you shoot this clip in D-log and graded it afterwards, or it is straight from the camera? Did you make any editing and recompression to some other codec or bitrate before uploading to Youtube?

When looking at your clip my best guess would be that codec and low bitrate could not keep up with subtle gradations. Is there anything else what I missed?

I use X5 but I did not suffer such strong compression artifacts on any occasion. When shooting in D-log and then grading in post, some color compression artifacts could be more obvious (due to 8bit 420 60Mbs which is not suitable for Log workflow) so I mostly use natural color profiles wih just slight reduction of contrast and saturation. On my clips I can note some very slight noise in dark tones, but these completely go away when Youtube compresses to its bitrate...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD