Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 Sample Images and Video

At this point my hope, fingers cross, pray to.... knifes stuck in the lawn, garlic around the door etc.. etc.. is that the apparent softness is because the cameras tested so far are preproduction models, and the production models will look better, or a better sharpness can be brought out in post and of course my big hope is that the production x5 cameras have no jagged lines in post and on broadcast monitors

Please Figbar if you don't mind when you receive your camera and test would you be kind to share with us
thanks

I shot this footage the day I got my X5...just playing, but very happy with the footage compared to the X3...which is OK, but I do see much better quality. For nite shots, I was at iso 800 - f4.5 (ish) -shutter 1/30 - I was in classic color mode - 4K 30fps. Did very little in post...again, this is just me messing around with this out of the box. I think I calibrated the lens OK, but am still unclear about this...bottom line...I am very psyched about this camera...I am finally really proud of the images the Inspire is making with the X5.

I'm curious to run it through some post processing too.. That would be awesome. I'm not an expert, but I do know that RAW stills look like crap until you've processed them. And I know this isn't the RAW version of the X5, but could it be that it just doesn't look as good because it has more information and until you process it the way you want, it won't really look as good?

It makes sense that the X3 would process for you to make it look as good as possible, but when you do that, you loose some flexibility in Post.

I have been pleased with what I've shot with my X5...have not had to do too much post processing, but I have been lazy and shot in the classic color mode...and love what I'm getting...again, I've done limited flying/shooting, but have not had to mess with the footage too much at all...talking about video here.

Here is a 1080p shot. No need to hassle with 4k for general footage. i think 1080p on x5 looks great.

I would definitely not be happy with the looks of that video.
Looked blurry/out of focus and I absolutely hate the combo of yawing the AC and panning at the same time.
The video was totally jerky and I would be upset with it if it were mine, especially coming from the new x5.
The more I see of the x5, the less impressed I am with it, as a matter of fact, I think so far, I have only been impressed (with the price of these cams).

X5 and X3 video is about the same due to DJI's unfortunate backend SoC and bitrate choice for the X5 (same as GoPro and X3).

Stills look great though.

Waiting for in-the-wild X5R footage. Maybe bypassing the crappy SoC choice via RAW to ProRes will do the trick but we'll see what they try to charge for the privilege.

get same flickering on the x3 only when i shoot in 4k. Must be something wrong on the support you play the video in. I was reading around in the net you need a 4k compatible player or screen. try to convert in FHD or play it on a 4k screen and tell me if you still get that annoying flickering..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jj2018