Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5R 1080p RAW issues

Bit of an update, SlimRaw have now released the update to handle the 1080p feed. They also said they got more information on the 1080p bit depth, it is still 12bit at the lower frame rates (23.97), but drops to 10bit at the higher frame rates (60fps). I'm trying to see what is the minimum frame rate where the bit depth drops.

The SlimRaw devs have been extremely helpful, and I know fully use it in my workflow :)

That's great but I think the issue lies with how the X5R is recording the footage and not what happens during the SlimRaw conversion process. Because the footage looks awful prior to conversion

That's great but I think the issue lies with how the X5R is recording the footage and not what happens during the SlimRaw conversion process. Because the footage looks awful prior to conversion

Pixel binning is not one of DJI's strengths, IMHO. ;)

That's why recording in 4K and downres-ing in editing seems a much simpler solution.

Can anyone comment on the footage from the X5R at 1080p60? I know X5 footage in 1080p60 looks bad, and if I am upgrading to this camera I'd like the 60p footage to look up to par quality wise with 30p footage.

Can anyone comment on the footage from the X5R at 1080p60? I know X5 footage in 1080p60 looks bad, and if I am upgrading to this camera I'd like the 60p footage to look up to par quality wise with 30p footage.

1080p 60fps RAW is not very good at all, I haven't tried 24fps yet. Seems like 4K is the only decent option on the X5R

Last edited:
Can someone upload some example of dng at 1080p? the previus example are no longer available...
Thanks

Hello, I am planning to buy the x5r, has this issues been solved ? 1080p RAW is usable with new firmwares ?

I couldnt find the actual data rate for HD footage with the X5R. How long can one shoot with 512GB ssd in 1080p RAW 25fps ?
Have they published exact recording times anywhere ? Could any one with access to X5R make a table of data rates with various resolutions and framerates ?

Also, what is the difference between the SSD data rates versus DNG output footage from cinelight ? For example 10 minutes of footage on SSd is, say 20 GB but when DNG is made of it, it is something else.

thanks a lot.

Hi all, does anyone have this issue when recording RAW in 1080p?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 4.29.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 4.29.49 PM.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 19

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo