Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5R camera spins out of control on startup?

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Yesterday I put my X5R gimbal on the Inspire 1 Pro and something very similar to THIS happened
My gimbal also did extremely fast and hard yaw-movements.

Camera spins out of control!

I then took the gimbal off, canceled the shoot and went home. There I put the gimbal on the OSMO and recorded this behaviour - it doesnt look to bad, but it is unusable because the stabilization doesnt really work anymore and has this wobbles.

On the Inspire I recorded this behaviour now. Does not work either but looks different to the beginning.

Gimbal is not even 1 month old and has never had any hard landing or so.
What to do? I really need it urgently for shooting!

How can I get this replaced as fast as possible?

Have you tried calibrating the gimbal? Not sure if this is available with the X5R but for the X3 under the gimbal settings there is a 'Gimbal Auto Calibration' option.

Hi!

Of course I tried that. Interestingly it works without error.
But the behaviour is still the same and the "front" on Inspire is now always turned to the side and not straight anymore. (e.g. pressing the "center camera button on the RC - faces now to the side by 45°)

Hmmm...

Hm...so far nothing works. Contacting DJI they told me it will take about 3 WEEKS to be repaired/sent back to me. Jesus, that's very bad for business, not being able to shoot...

I had a similar problem. DJI said I had damaged it and I would have to pay for it to be repaired. $400 AU. I did not ague the point as I thought it would be pointless and all I wanted to do was to get it back ASAP, but my problems started after a firmware upgrade. My Inspire One had not been involved in any mishaps or heavy landings. It has been suggested that the metal composition of the X5 Gimbal is not as robust at it should be. The initialization of the X5 on power up is quite vigorous and it has been suggested it could be a metal fatigue problem over time. I am not qualified to say this is the case, but it will be interesting to see what the failure rate of the X5 Gimbals are over time. I know the X5 needs to be light, but not at the expense of it's reliability.

Hi! Thanks for your answer! That might be...
I definitely had NO hard landing or whatsoever, it just started from one day to the next, gimbal was in the case overnight...but with all that fine-mechanics you never know...
I sent it back to the vendor because it was still under their warranty (3 weeks) and now I am waiting for response. But they are amazing and sent me a replacement!

Hi! Thanks for your answer! That might be...
I definitely had NO hard landing or whatsoever, it just started from one day to the next, gimbal was in the case overnight...but with all that fine-mechanics you never know...
I sent it back to the vendor because it was still under their warranty (3 weeks) and now I am waiting for response. But they are amazing and sent me a replacement!
Well done to your vendor and to you. I wish my vendor had looked after me in the same manner as yours. I'm very jealous, but very happy for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669