Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5R: Palouse Wheat Fields at Sunset/Low Light

Hi Gavinski,

Great shot of the Milky Way. We were there the week of June 13th so make a date in your calendar for next year. One word to share about the Raw, we had to upgrade our computer to handle the massive files just an FYI we did not realize at the time.

Cheers,
J

Hey Jonathan,

I upgraded to a Mac Pro this year to process 4k XAVC-S files from my Sony A7rII. This system has 6 cores, and dual D700 video cards and a bunch of RAM. I also added a 12TB Pegasus drive. I have been able to process and playback files real time in DaVinci Resolve with no problems. I don't think I have ever worked with Raw - I am hoping that this is enough horsepower to deal with the Raw files as well.

G

Hi Gavinski,

We were using a Mac 27" 4K retina loaded and it was handling our playback on our Sony A7S2 4K, although it lagged a bit. When we went to processing the Raw we could not even get the iMac 4K to move. The timeline didn't just lag it didn't move. We could move ahead in the timeline and still it would not move. The new system is hauling through this stuff. I am not sure how your Mac stacks up to the iMac 4K Retina but the real issue is the graphics card. You need some spaces on the card 6 gigs minimum and 8 would be better, Nvidia makes some nice cards unless you have more time than money then I am sure there are some solid cards for less. We film once or twice a week and time is more expensive here as I have a guy in our shop that does all our color work and the longer it takes him the more each clip costs me. If I can help let me know I was scratching my head big time when we first got the X5R but now the bugs are pretty much behind us.

Cheers,
J

What did you have to upgrade to? Mine is in the mail so I have not worked with the files yet. Did you work with the proxy file?
Hi Mike, You can't work from Proxy files to do color as the color data is not available on your small proxy file. You can edit ( scrub ) from proxy but when you have to work the color you must work from the Raws, no matter what anyone tells you. That was going to be our work around before we bought the tower rebuild but alas not an option...****!!! ;)

Cheers,
J

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207