Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5R Video "The West in Winter" filmed entirely with the X5R. Links and download provided.

A feast for the eyes. I hope to be able to shoot beautiful footage like this soon.

Im really happy with mine. But the unload workflow isn´t like it could be. They wont let us access the drive so you have to export the dng´s thru the CineLight application instead of just copying them off the drive which would have gone a lot faster

Im really happy with mine. But the unload workflow isn´t like it could be. They wont let us access the drive so you have to export the dng´s thru the CineLight application instead of just copying them off the drive which would have gone a lot faster
That was one of the first things I mentioned to DJI. Don't know if it will change though.

Is it just me or video seems jerky?
I downloaded the original file, and even that seems to have the same problem. The same problem is present in the video ProRes of Iceland on the DJI site. Analyzing with Premiere frame by frame I notice some jumps.

beautiful work Ian , amazing quality and having seen this i wonder if a bigger platform with an alexa mini or red would do a better job ? what's your opinion on this ?

beautiful work Ian , amazing quality and having seen this i wonder if a bigger platform with an alexa mini or red would do a better job ? what's your opinion on this ?
Thanks guys. Cinepilot, there will still be situations in which people want to fly big cine cameras like the RED or Alexa Mini. But the only real advantages of those cameras would be 1) High resolution, high framerate (RED can do 4k up to 100fps). 2) Perfect color/aesthetic matching to your other cameras (if you're commercial/film is using all Alexas for every other shot, they might just want Alexa mini in the sky to match perfectly with the rest of the content) 3) If you had need for cinezooms / zooming during the shot.

Those are some of the main advantages of a heavy lift setup with RED or Alexa. The advantages of the Inspire are size, portability, safety, built-in features, PRICE, and more.

Reactions: Phatzo
Hi Ian , thank you for your reply , its exactly the situation i'm in , the aerials have to match with the Alexa for cinema release , so ideal would be to film all aerials with alexa mini , but since there is a lot of travel involved in many different countries i/m looking to an alternative for M600 platform or cinestar and all the other equipment that is involved in this set up ( with all the problems that can rise on a remote set ) , of course the image quality is number one but after seeing your footage i was wondering if the inspire/X5R could do the job . we 'll test it out and will let you know the outcome and choice of gear !

Thanks guys. Cinepilot, there will still be situations in which people want to fly big cine cameras like the RED or Alexa Mini. But the only real advantages of those cameras would be 1) High resolution, high framerate (RED can do 4k up to 100fps). 2) Perfect color/aesthetic matching to your other cameras (if you're commercial/film is using all Alexas for every other shot, they might just want Alexa mini in the sky to match perfectly with the rest of the content) 3) If you had need for cinezooms / zooming during the shot.

Those are some of the main advantages of a heavy lift setup with RED or Alexa. The advantages of the Inspire are size, portability, safety, built-in features, PRICE, and more.

Not sure about your´s but my RED can do 100fps in 6K :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phuketdivecenter