Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
Due to a severe lack of I2 batteries (and poor weather) here in Australia I haven't been able to get out and do a heap of testing on the new kit. I'm interested as to whether the X5S is plagued by the truly HORRENDOUS image quality when pulled back to 1080p like the X5 was. I don't know how it could be made to look so bad, but on the X5 is was seriously unusable. So has anyone had any experience with the X5S @ 1080p yet?

To clarify, I don't mean post process cropping/zooming to 1080p - I mean recording format of 1080p.

Not my footage, but here's some 1080 that a guy on Regroups posted today... looks pretty decent to me (it's youtube, so it hard to tell, but nothing sticks out as being "bad")

Just did my first actual in-flight test of 1080p120 and it's absolutely rubbish. Image quality is pretty dreadfull despite how smooth it is slowed down. What good is 120fps if it looks like crap? I imagine the video posted above is at 1080 30fps (hence the better image quality and stuttered slow-mo near the end), but you might as well film in 4K and downscale. The results are much better IMO.

Just did my first actual in-flight test of 1080p120 and it's absolutely rubbish. Image quality is pretty dreadfull despite how smooth it is slowed down. What good is 120fps if it looks like crap? I imagine the video posted above is at 1080 30fps (hence the better image quality and stuttered slow-mo near the end), but you might as well film in 4K and downscale. The results are much better IMO.
How does 4k compare at 30 or 60 fps? I don't have a camera at the moment to check myself.

Must be your setup, mine runs butter smooth unless I try to play it on a regular spinning drive.

What card are you using? At 120fps, you'll need a U3 card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide