Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5S compatible lens and balancing thread

would like to know how sensitive is the balancing of X5S ?

I'm waiting for my X5S, and received my Olympus 45mm and 25mm. I have purchase CPL filter for both lens. The 25mm filter weight 14 grams, which exceed the recommend 10 grams balance ring from DJI, does that extra 4 grams give out an error or speed up the failure of the motor??

It's best to balance in a static state (powered down) then test flying full throttle. Look for micro shakes. If it looks good, you're probably ok. I've noticed the I2-X5S is more forgiving then the I1-X5/X5R in terms of micro shakes or balance issues.

i can report that panasonic fisheye works. i just stick 1-2 coins with velcro at the back. you could improve at bit by stick a small coin at the side but its minimal.

quality is good and defish ok. give you the widest image you can have.

has anyone tried the 42.5mm and 35-100mm yet? thank you!
I have tried 35-100mm and it won't work - can't change focus nor calibrate the lens in go app
same goes for 45-150mm, but that one can actually focus like 1 out of ~20 times.
Only zoom lens that currently is working 45-175mm.

I have tried 35-100mm and it won't work - can't change focus nor calibrate the lens in go app
same goes for 45-150mm, but that one can actually focus like 1 out of ~20 times.
Only zoom lens that currently is working 45-175mm.

what is the lens that does 45-175mm? sounds interesting.

Also would be interested to hear any feedback on the laowa 7.5 if anyone has used it on an X5S

Finally received my X5S (no lens). Seems DJI wanted to fulfill orders with the 15mm lens first [emoji37]

I was able to balance the following lenses as follows:
DJI Inspire 2 X5S Compatible lens List

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm F/2.0
> Bower HD UV (8G)
or
> Polar Pro ND8,16 or 32 Filter (6G)

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25MM F/1.8
> Bower HD UV (8G)
or
> Polar Pro ND8,16 or 32 Filter (6G)

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 45mm F/1.8
> Sensei PRO 37-46mm Aluminum Step-Up Ring (4G) + Bower HD UV (8G)
or
> Sensei PRO 37-46mm Aluminum Step-Up Ring (4G) + Polar Pro ND8,16 or 32 Filter (6G)

Panasnic Lumix G Vario HD 14-42mm F/3.5-5.6
> Sensei PRO 37-46mm Aluminum Step-Up Ring (4G) + Tiffen 46mm ND0.9 Filter (13G)

Comments:
1) I prefer filters with threads on both ends to fit a lens cap. Unfortunately, most of the ones available are too heavy except Polar Pro which match DJIs specs perfectly.
2) Polar pro filters tend to require much cleaning due to form factor and have a slightly warmer cast.
3) I still need to get a heavier UV filter (13-15G) for use with the LUMIX 14-42 and step up ring.

130620ea9f0fd769d29af189424d6ce5.jpg
83266eefa709adad1460c5762955ace3.jpg
c40d849c76e465afd409d082967d2620.jpg
69d9e23a532f78419b99c0147eef36bf.jpg
871460d4de9e6e8a1538c0bf8094c123.jpg
May I ask you a couple questions to help with my New inspire 2 setup?
1)(Balancing) I am a bit confused on this and was of the assumption the lens would not need additional parts? Please clarify
2)what the actual switch should be set to on the lens. Or does it matter?
3) best settings in the app for shooting when you are new
3)best starting settings for a Newb on the Olympus 45 mm lens
a) for cloudy
b) for sun
c) for action on a sunny day
Thanks

May I ask you a couple questions to help with my New inspire 2 setup?
1)(Balancing) I am a bit confused on this and was of the assumption the lens would not need additional parts? Please clarify
2)what the actual switch should be set to on the lens. Or does it matter?
3) best settings in the app for shooting when you are new
3)best starting settings for a Newb on the Olympus 45 mm lens
a) for cloudy
b) for sun
c) for action on a sunny day
Thanks

1) Each lens has a different weight distribution, so you either need a balancing ring / counter weight or ND filter to get the lens to be balanced with the power off.
2) not sure what you mean there. are you talking about the manual adjustment ring on the lens?
3)try auto first, then play with ISO/Aperture etc
4) that's a tough one that will need a long winded explanation.

for what its worth i wouldn't recommend starting with the 45 due to the narrow FOV, start with the 12mm or 17mm since it gives you a very wide field of view.

To add to #4, the main changes due to lighting conditions is the white balance and aperture/shutter. For the latter to get sharpest image, set aperture in mid range. This will also mean you will need ND filters to get shutter speed near 2x frame rate for cinematic motion blur. Net, a lot of details to consider here and not the intent of this thread. There are several that do discuss this topic in the inspire 1 section.

I thought the 35–100 mm was quite an achievement but 175 mm at full telephoto blows it out of the water!

Sure, check out my short demo video.

Nicely done and thanks for sharing. How did you see flight time impacted with the 45-175?

I'd be curious to see some further discussion as to whether gimbal motor temp can really be the sole justification to possible strain on the motors causing motor damaged after prolonged usage. If anyone's got any further insight on this please share.

Also just saw the comment on YT about latest FW that fixes some bugs regarding the hold strength. "Improved gimbal stability for the Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm/4.0-5.6 lens."

Interesting...

Thanks for sharing! Very cool.
Did any video come out ok?

Definitely seems to be quite a bit of jello in video. OP mentioned "for video, this lens just won't cut it". 2:10 in the video.

Has anyone successfully used the Olympus 9-18 lens and if so how did you go about balancing it?

This lens is very front heavy yet I can't see any recommendations from DJI as to how it can be balanced.

Did you try the suggestion in post#97. I believe you need to balance in the rear and front

Thanks @2nd2non, I have found the parts needed to balance this lens and yes, as you said, it looks like one of the parts will fit on the rear of the camera body.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth