Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

XT for mapping organic waste disposal site

Reaction score
I have a client that wants me to inspect their compost storage site for heat sources. I was planning on using an XT on my I1. Total size is about 50 -70 acres. From what I understand you can't make any kind of ortho with the 336 Xt. I've been doing mappings for them using drone deploy. Flir is all new to me and I don't want to recommend a camera that is of no use for what they want. Will I be able to fly their site and gather the information they want, which is hot spots than can potentially ignite. I appreciate any advice

Is there any other App besides MapsmadeEasy's Tag pilot that you can fly a route and put down a marker as you find heat sources?

Id be using a third party thermal, running a mapping mission with map pilot and then stitching together as a heat map ortho over ArcGIS base map, FLiR with Inspire is not there yet - Inspire with a bolted on option works well - but give yourself a big budget

I'm using a XT so pretty much stuck with that. I've used map pilot to take the pictures except there isn't anyway to stitch them together. and being able to identify an exact location going through 218 photos is something I haven't been able to figure out yet

I have been in the IR business for over 10 years but have decided to go air born with the inspire 1 and the XT its going to be a learning experience. we also purchased the phantom 4 to practice flying with. I have performed a lot of flat roof scans but only one from a real helicopterDJI_0020.jpg

Since I couldn't stich the images together I found a program that takes the images and places the thumbnails on a Google earth map at there GPS coordinates then you click on the image and view it.Capture.JPG

I have a friend in Tenn that helped me perform a walk over IR scan on a 500K flat roof he took the IR images and stitched them together and made a video from it. I am going to find out what software he used as I am now in the need for stitching

I have a friend in Tenn that helped me perform a walk over IR scan on a 500K flat roof he took the IR images and stitched them together and made a video from it. I am going to find out what software he used as I am now in the need for stitching
I've tried just about every stitching program and haven't had much success so far, I'd like to know also

I have a call out to him if I find info I will pass it on. So far I have taken the IR images from the XT and dropped them into my quick report flir software where I can thermally tune them change the palette and or add temp scale but that does not work on a large amount of images to time consuming

I have a call out to him if I find info I will pass it on. So far I have taken the IR images from the XT and dropped them into my quick report flir software where I can thermally tune them change the palette and or add temp scale but that does not work on a large amount of images to time consuming

There are a couple of ways to approach this challenge. As you pointed out, tuning each individual photo is time-consuming. You can appropriately project the images in space (as Bob has illustrated above), and click into the thermal images that you want to tune. This way, you're focusing only on the critical images. The second way of doing it is creating a radiometric orthomosaic (aka thermal map), where each pixel has the temperature data embedded in it. That way, you can adjust the color palette and temperature boundaries of the entire orthomosaic simultaneously. However, as shown in the image below, you may still want to click into an individual image for tuning, to avoid any issues with blending.

R-JPEG image pin over radiometric orthomosaic basemap for an electrical substation:
raptor_app_thermal_screenshot.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido