Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

XT zenmuse will be compatible with I2?

Reaction score
Im buying a $14000 XTR gimbal Camera, but im worry about if the xt series will be compatible with de i2...:(
Someone know if will be compatible?

Im buying a $14000 XTR gimbal Camera, but im worry about if the xt series will be compatible with de i2...:(
Someone know if will be compatible?
Nope. None of the Inspire 1 peripherals are compatable with the Inspire 2 - it is a different mount and a different communication protocol.

As someone who uses the Xt, that is a disappointment to say the least. That being said I am not suprised. Does anyone know if there is a xt version being released for the I2?

As someone who uses the Xt, that is a disappointment to say the least. That being said I am not suprised. Does anyone know if there is a xt version being released for the I2?

The Inspire2 is targeted at Professional Cinematography, not the inspection market because of that I doubt you will see DJI halting production of the I1

Last edited:
How about through the Part 8 adapter which is used to allow the XT to work on the M200 family?

DJI Zenmuse XT Gimbal Adapter for Matrice 200 Series Drone - DJI MFR # CP.HY.000094

upload_2017-12-12_8-36-23.png

How about through the Part 8 adapter which is used to allow the XT to work on the M200 family?

DJI Zenmuse XT Gimbal Adapter for Matrice 200 Series Drone - DJI MFR # CP.HY.000094

View attachment 17405

The big difference between I1 & I2 is that all processing of images are done in the Cinecore (in the drone) on the I2, I1 has this processing done in the camera, so not possible, (at least not as it is configured.)

Reactions: Advexure
I did not realize that the onboard Cinecore processor is what made the hardware connection incompatible. But since you point that out it explains why the M200 is compatible with adapter and I2 is not. So realistically DJI has much more control over what payloads will interface with this aircraft and which will not. I understand and thank you for elaborating!

Reactions: Advexure

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla