Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Yankee stadium

That's nothing new.

For years there has been a TFR (temporary flight restriction) with 3 mile radius up to 3000 feet AGL around every Major League Baseball, NFL, NCAA Division I football, or NASCAR event starting one hour before the event and ending one hour after the event.

Here's the current version of the NOTAM:

4/3621 NOTAM Details

Reactions: jon b
Even without this restriction no one should be flying around Yankee Stadium anyway as it is within the Class B airspace of La Guardia airport.

pretty sure this is just an faa restriction and not dji imposed gps NFZ restricted through the software. Half the airports arent even nfz software restricted so i highly doubt dji started adding stadiums to their software nfz restricted areas, especially since the ffa restriction on stadiums is only in effect temporarily when something is going on.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I just noticed that my old flight spot is now in a no fly zone as of a few weeks ago. I used to fly in Elysian Park near Dodger Stadium (when there isn't a TFR of course).

I'm hoping this is just a warning and not a permanent no-fly zone. It would be dissapointing for DJI to block airspace we are legally allowed to fly within. Hopefully I can get out there this weekend and find out if I can still arm in the park.
If you look at the DJI No Fly Zone map you will find the Dodger Stadium marked as a Special Area. A cursory look indicates that these Special Areas have been placed at several stadia in California and elsewhere.

If you look at the DJI No Fly Zone map you will find the Dodger Stadium marked as a Special Area. A cursory look indicates that these Special Areas have been placed at several stadia in California and elsewhere.
interesting, looks like they are continually adding more airports and have even marked some small town airports that are only used by local small planes such as agricultural spray planes a couple months a year. I havent looked at this map in a while, lol!

Their coverage circles are quite small and barely cover the actual runway on my screen, does yours display the same way? what happened to the 5 mile coverage block they used to have?

It's ridiculous they are adding stadiums as no-fly zones when they are legally only restricted airspace for a tiny percentage of the time.

For example a NFL stadium only hosts 8-10 games a year where airspace is restricted for less than a day, what about the other 99+% of the time where it is legal to fly there (on public land or with the property owners permission).

Reactions: PB30X
I wasn't able to find anywhere on the DJI website or forum mention of "Special Areas" and whether or not these are restricted NFZs or just warning markers to alert pilots of potential TFRs and hazards. Hopefully one of us can test it soon.
Came with the new update. Its good and bad. Reason for the thread

Within some years companies and/or private houseowners will be able to "buy "a no flyzone at DJI.Or National Trust or whatsoever.

Within some years companies and/or private houseowners will be able to "buy "a no flyzone at DJI.Or National Trust or whatsoever.

I hope not.

Drones exist in a gray area of the law at the moment, increased use will result in cases that help clarify things (such as transit across private property in class G airspace), the outcome of that will be influenced by the responsibility (or lack thereof) of every drone owner.

Too late! NoFlyZone.org private citizen NoFly zones are supported by AirMap.io already.

Happy flying

View attachment 3790
Maybe it's time to get anything that can give us a fly zone.Would be great.Here in the Netherlands they are making laws that gives us a 300 feet distance and a 150 ft altitude.

ah, thats pretty lame of them since its legal to fly there 99 percent of the time. thanks for the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08