Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Yaw Anomaly

Reaction score
Website
www.moraysky.co.uk
I have received my I1 back from repair at DJI Europe BV where the Flight Controller (baro unit) was replaced. I am now seeing an anomaly when I yaw the aircraft. Instead of rotating about the vertical axis it appears to be turning about one of the landing legs (see video). It is happening both when hovering at ground level and in the air. I have completed 2 full IMU calibrations and calibrated the compass (see screen grab).

Has anyone seen this behaviour or suggest a fix? Having been deprived for 2 weeks I don't particularly wish to return it to DJI.

IMUCalibration.jpg

The only suggestion I can make is to calibrate your sticks on the RC with the AC turned off ( I suspect you have already tried this though).
I recently did mine and was surprised at how far they were out of calibration, I found myself slowly moving my sticks to the maximum position and back to center position several times before I was happy with them.

Reactions: Scotflieger
Yup, as Aviator suggests, try a complete stick calibration.
The only other thing that springs to mind (and it is not user definable) is that the x,y and z positional off set is incorrectly saved in the flight controller.
I have no idea whether this needs to be set up when an Inspire FC is replaced but it certainly does for custom/bespoke multirotor builds.
Before worrying about that though......try the stick calibration. :p

Reactions: Scotflieger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaRqz379