Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

You are in a no-fly zone... today, yesterday you weren't.

Thanks... do you know how accurate that map is? I was in pgh 30 days ago and the NFZ was much larger based on a .6 mile radius around the stadiums...
I have found the map to be close, yet unreliable. It's probably best to use the DJI Go App to check out what NFZs may exist around where you plan to fly.

This is the current one for the Inspire and Phantom 3 series:
No Fly Zones | DJI

DJI is transitioning to a new no-fly zone system that will be powered by Airmap.

This DJI map is not accurate for our area. The airports are 5 mile radius no fly zones, not the radius they are showing. I wont comment why I think they show the tighter radius...:)

upload_2015-12-2_13-57-6.png

The map for our area is not correct as shown by the radius's on the map for NF airport and Buff airport. The radius should be 5 miles which cuts into Grand Island..

Below is airmap. Unless I am missing something the areas are different.

Reactions: kcobello
Dji is on the fast track to losing their number one spot in the uav market if they keep this dumb **** up. I know I'll never buy another dji product if they stay on this path. I haven't updated mine since January and I don't plan on ever doing so because I saw this coming a mile away. Their updates have never really contained any significant improvements anyway, only more flight restrictions or major bugs in most cases.
I thought they would not let you start the motors unless you update?

If you never connect to the internet or update your app, then there's no way the craft would know there is a new update.
That makes sense now I see. Just devote a IOS or android to the UAV and do not let it see the internet? I am a bit worried about new updates designed for pilots who are armatures.

You can block the GPS to Your AC with a shield and fly atti mode, you would also have to turn off the GPS to your ipad... if it does not know were you are it cant block you... i am not saying to do it... just saying it can be done... its more fun and a challenge flying in atti mode anyway ... good luck...

I would agree that the system in place is for safety. But there needs to be balance. IE the DJI autopilot kicked in and did a RTH when I was not expecting it almost causing a crash as it tried fly to home position when it was not safe to do so. I assumed my settings were set proper when they had reverted back to Failsafe systems can cause more harm than good especially when depended upon for safe navigation by many who do not know how to fly.

I thought they would not let you start the motors unless you update?
I've heard a couple people say this but never saw it actually happen. I run older firmware perhaps before they implemented this behavior, I haven't updated in almost a year and I fly connected to the internet with zero problems. It says update required at the top but it doesn't affect anything.

I feel the no fly zones although understandable (conceptually, I.e. For idiots) are too black and white. I live near an airport in Scotland which has about 3 commercial flights a day. It doesn't allow me to fly to take survey pictures of house roofs at about 30 feet....why? I have spoken to the local tower and they have no issues as long as I call it in. You can overcome it by strapping a beer can to the body above the gps, but I would rather have gps control which gives you more control and safety.

Wow that is a bog no fly zone. There should be a way to disable it if you are cleared by ATC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc