Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Yuneec Tornado H290 + CGO4 Review

In all situation: X5R has too short flight times and too big Raw-files for video. X5r is a very good solution for photographers, but the Tornado with the GH4 has RAW photo too and you have no stress to get your picture with right focus (seems to be a serious problem with the X5), exposure, etc. Even it will be possible to mount a A7r2 on the gimbal with the highest resolution possible at the moment.

GH4 can't do RAW video I don't believe.

GH4 can't do RAW video I don't believe.
Only with external recorder as the sony A7serie2. It proves that manufacturers are not fan for too big raw-files "for video", but they do "for photo" internally. Unless you have a big movie project, raw video can be considered, but that will not be 1/1000 users here. You have perfect video with the right codec if enough info delivered for a normal color grading what is not possible with the X5 at the moment. In raw, it will be, but you know how I think about that. DJI does not know what is the golden mid-way, they like marketing words as RAW.

Only with external recorder as the sony A7serie2. It proves that manufacturers are not fan for too big raw-files "for video", but they do "for photo" internally. Unless you have a big movie project, raw video can be considered, but that will not be 1/1000 users here. You have perfect video with the right codec if enough info delivered for a normal color grading what is not possible with the X5 at the moment. In raw, it will be, but you know how I think about that. DJI does not know what is the golden mid-way, they like marketing words as RAW.

Gotcha. Yeah, I'm not enamored by the RAW format per se, but I do understand the very interesting trade off being made here.

Reactions: Rainbowers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo