Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Zenmuse X5 gimbal lock??

Discussion in 'Zenmuse X5' started by Norman Quinn, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Norman Quinn

I read in an article and saw in one video somewhere that there is supposed to be a plastic gimbal lock for the new Zenmuse X5. The article said it was included with the Inspire 1 Pro model. I purchased the upgrade camera for my original Inspire 1 and can't find anything on the DJI website or the internet about this part. Does anyone know where I can get on?

Thanks for your help!

johnmont250 likes this.
  2. Richard Hurst

Yes it didn't come with just the camera upgrade unfortunately. Not one currently available

3. protorox

it came with my inspire 1 pro package

4. protorox

I've never used it or even taken it out of the plastic. I can't put the inspire away without taking the camera off so idk what I would use it for

5. Norman Quinn

Thank you Richard! I will cross my fingers that DJI will eventually offer one for us upgraders?!

6. Figbar

I keep my Inspire built in a special rack I built in the back of my CRV...it holds my RC and batteries and keeps everything nice and snug...but the camera just hangs free and I would love to have this gimbal lock...similar to what DJI had with their Phantom Vision Plus. I guess I don't understand why they can't include a lock with the X5 upgrade...it can't cost that much. I've called all kinds of dealers and no help. DJI is clueless responding to this. It seems like a small thing, but I really like to use something like this...even when I'm carrying the unit out in the field. Would be great to get my hands on one. DJI makes the things...why not offer them to us who spent $2,300 on this camera system?

Steven Powter and slim.slamma like this.
  7. protorox

if someone has a 3d printer I'd be happy to donate mine to get some made.

8. Figbar

That is very kind of you.

9. wattsn

I have gimbal locks for the X3 and will have an X5 design complete by end of week. take a look here www.aero3d.co.uk

10. pixl45

I have the X5 lock, and even though I use a landing mode case, I never put the lock on for as couple reasons:
    1. My case has a block of soft foam that the gimbal and camera rest on
    2. The plastic gimbal lock only prevents roll movement, not yaw movement. It also doesn't remove any of the stress above the gimbal as my car bounces down the road
    3. The gimbal lock doesn't like to stay on -- it's just meant to be a somewhat snug fit, but I find it comes off too easy

11. Eric Fowkes

If any of you guys are looking for an X5 gimbal lock that doesnt fall off and features an anti rotation lock on yaw as well, this one worked out great for me! DJI X5 Gimbal Lock

12. Eric Fowkes

Here are the pictures of it. I like it!

Attached Files:

13. johnmont250

have you tried it with different lenses, like the smaller 45mm or the 14-24?

14. FlyHighUSA

Approved Vendor

Yes I have the original DJI x5 gimbal locks for sale ,

15. FlyHighUSA

Approved Vendor

I understand your frustration and I will forward this to my acct manager at DJI and see if there is a possible solution. I have just been trying to provide them as much as possible to all my flying friends out there in the world. Will let you know what I find out.

AeroGraphy likes this.
  16. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

Eric - you seem to be using the actual marketing pictures from the website. What is your affiliation to LAS?

17. IrishSights

What is wrong with that? Done here all the time and in all forums. He's not selling them, just saying that he likes them and showing the rest of us. Thanks Eric.What is LAS for the uninitiated like me?

18. pixl45

I'm sure the reason he's asking is that forums such as this have to be wary of companies participating here solely to promote their own products. There's already a way to do this -- it's called advertising.

Generally, when someone creates an account and immediately recommends a product -- especially with really nice photos -- it points to advertising, possibly cloaked as a user.

As someone who is an administrator on another (non-UAV) forum, it generally looks like SPAM. I'm new here myself, but it's what occurred to me right away. I'd be happy to be wrong.

Be nice to The Editor -- he's just trying to keep this a cool place.

Kilrah and The Editor like this.
  19. FlyHighUSA

Approved Vendor

Couldn't agree with you more

20. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

Spot on - hence my question.