Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Zenmuse X5 indoors

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am currently using a standard osmo for cinematography inside of homes for realestate clients. However I notice the OSMO is terrible in homes that do not have great lighting. It ends up looking like it was shot on an iphone. Will a X5 solve my problem? Or is there something else I can do?

My current equipment

P3A
Osmo
2016 maxed out macbook pro with Final Cut Pro X

It will be better as its got a bigger sensor, but the X5 and lens combo is still a lot of money.
If its just ground work you want, the smart option would be buying a nice APSC mirror less camera and some kind of stabilization system for it.
Or an RX100.

Both are likely to produce better video/photo at a lower cost.

If you want it for the drone too, then the X5 makes a lot more sense, but still overpriced for what it is.

You might also consider a phantom 4 pro and using it as a handheld device, that is essentially a floating rx100 MK4/5, will do great aerial video too.
Small portable, and still cheaper than the cost of an x5 and lens. And stabilized.

And if you do get the X5, I would imagine the 15mm lens that comes with it will NOT be good for interiors as it will look too zoomed in for a lot places.

I would definitely advise you try whatever setup you do before you buy. Or consider taking portable LED lights with you and adding a bit more light to the properties you shoot.

Do some research on cheap digital camera gimbals like this.

You might well find you get great results for less than half the cost of an X5.

Reactions: Msalve
It will be better as its got a bigger sensor, but the X5 and lens combo is still a lot of money.
If its just ground work you want, the smart option would be buying a nice APSC mirror less camera and some kind of stabilization system for it.
Or an RX100.

Both are likely to produce better video/photo at a lower cost.

If you want it for the drone too, then the X5 makes a lot more sense, but still overpriced for what it is.

You might also consider a phantom 4 pro and using it as a handheld device, that is essentially a floating rx100 MK4/5, will do great aerial video too.
Small portable, and still cheaper than the cost of an x5 and lens. And stabilized.

And if you do get the X5, I would imagine the 15mm lens that comes with it will NOT be good for interiors as it will look too zoomed in for a lot places.

I would definitely advise you try whatever setup you do before you buy. Or consider taking portable LED lights with you and adding a bit more light to the properties you shoot.

Do some research on cheap digital camera gimbals like this.

You might well find you get great results for less than half the cost of an X5.

Thank you for your reply. I do intend on getting an inspire eventually. I just don't really need an inspire right now but I need a camera for interiors. Will the X5 solve my problem with noise? Some house have low energy Led lights which seem to make the home darker when they're on lol. I have tried using my P3A as a hand camera before and after 30 mins it's tiring on the arms so that's how I ended up with the Oslo lol. Is there any way to add lighting to a room with portable lights? I do pan across the room from multiple angles so I always imagined portable lights wouldn't be a good option but I am new to alot of this.

Thank you for your reply. I do intend on getting an inspire eventually. I just don't really need an inspire right now but I need a camera for interiors. Will the X5 solve my problem with noise? Some house have low energy Led lights which seem to make the home darker when they're on lol. I have tried using my P3A as a hand camera before and after 30 mins it's tiring on the arms so that's how I ended up with the Oslo lol. Is there any way to add lighting to a room with portable lights? I do pan across the room from multiple angles so I always imagined portable lights wouldn't be a good option but I am new to alot of this.

The x5 will be slightly cleaner as long as you stay under 800 ISO really. Noise reduction programs like Neat Video are a god send. You can also bring your own bulbs and replace the ones in the house while you shoot video - this is a proven method. It's cheaper and very low key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The x5 will be slightly cleaner as long as you stay under 800 ISO really. Noise reduction programs like Neat Video are a god send. You can also bring your own bulbs and replace the ones in the house while you shoot video - this is a proven method. It's cheaper and very low key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only slightly better?

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido