Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Zenmuse X5 Ribbon Cable Major Problem Area

My case appears to have the "fix" as well. Zero crashes and everything looks great... except a minor bend on the ribbon there. I pressed it out (after it went limp) with firm pressure. I too have had some aperture issues lately. I'll be taping the area in the future. I might be trying a liquid tape .... anyways. Off to DJI she goes :-(.

My case appears to have the "fix" as well. Zero crashes and everything looks great... except a minor bend on the ribbon there. I pressed it out (after it went limp) with firm pressure. I too have had some aperture issues lately. I'll be taping the area in the future. I might be trying a liquid tape .... anyways. Off to DJI she goes :-(.
I am not convinced the aperture setting issues are a direct result of the damaged ribbon cable. I think the DJI GO app may have something to do with it. I can see one of 2 exposed wires of the ribbon cable which is why I have chosen to send it for repair. If your cable is just distorted but intact I would hold off sending it away for a potential expensive repair.

I am not convinced the aperture setting issues are a direct result of the damaged ribbon cable. I think the DJI GO app may have something to do with it. I can see one of 2 exposed wires of the ribbon cable which is why I have chosen to send it for repair. If your cable is just distorted but intact I would hold off sending it away for a potential expensive repair.

Totally agree about the aperture settings. I feel like I've explored everything else though. The bird powers and transmits as designed with a X3, as well as on a otherwise working Osmo handle. I've tried connecting, blowing out and cleaning the micro USB port. Thought maybe it had a false connection. Can't connect to it through there. The status light does work (green with SD card and green then red without) and the fan is also getting power. Also one of the first things I explored was the contact pins and plate. Backed of the little screws on the camera side connection plate. No matter what gimbal motors and video will not work. If somebody can come up with any other ideas I'll explore them but please hurry as I feel I've got no other options but to send it in. Well that or waiting for the ribbon cable and attempting the repair myself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan