Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Zenmuse X5 with Osmo Handle Kit

Hello everybody,

I have a problem using my X5 with the Osmo I bought and adjusted as shown in the video on the first page. When I turn on the Osmo the X5 gimbal is powered and it calibrates by turning, but then after 1/2 seconds the power to the gimbal seems to stop and the motors in the gimbal stop working.

Anybody has had this problem before and solved it?

Hello everybody,

I have a problem using my X5 with the Osmo I bought and adjusted as shown in the video on the first page. When I turn on the Osmo the X5 gimbal is powered and it calibrates by turning, but then after 1/2 seconds the power to the gimbal seems to stop and the motors in the gimbal stop working.

Most likely a case of firmware on your X5. Did you get a firmware update prompt when you connect your DJI Go App?
Seems like others who have mounted their X5 on their Osmo with 3D printed adapters manage to get theirs to work, so perhaps they can chime in with their firmware version to help troubleshoot.

Hello everybody,

Probably the printed part not creating an adequate connection with the pins on the gimbal and handle.
The tricky thing about the 3D printing is you never really know what you're gonna get... The part I received honestly looked pretty crappy when I got it and I was thinking there is no way in hell this is going to work. I mounted it up and it was quite tight, so sanded down some of the rough edges and got the X5 to fit in snugly. It works like a charm, minus some random issues that are clearly FW related. Overall I love this thing, we just used it on two sports projects and immediately after seeing the footage two separate clients called me and said it looked f'in amazing (exact words).
Does the ring turn to lock in the X5 and is it tight? It should feel OEM and not all loosey goosey

Probably the printed part not creating an adequate connection with the pins on the gimbal and handle.
The tricky thing about the 3D printing is you never really know what you're gonna get... The part I received honestly looked pretty crappy when I got it and I was thinking there is no way in hell this is going to work. I mounted it up and it was quite tight, so sanded down some of the rough edges and got the X5 to fit in snugly. It works like a charm, minus some random issues that are clearly FW related. Overall I love this thing, we just used it on two sports projects and immediately after seeing the footage two separate clients called me and said it looked f'in amazing (exact words).
Does the ring turn to lock in the X5 and is it tight? It should feel OEM and not all loosey goosey

Sorry for not being very clear. I'm not making use of a 3D printed adapter but sanded the original ring down to make the X5 fit the Osmo.
It fits pretty tight.

I'll try both upgrading to latest firmware on X5 and sanding the ring even a bit more.
Will come back later on how it went.

I'll try both upgrading to latest firmware on X5 and sanding the ring even a bit more.
Will come back later on how it went.
If the ring turns to the locked position you don't need to sand any more. Most likely a firmware issue. You'll probably need to update the handle with the X3 on it, and update the X5 on the Inspire. If you don't have an Inspire, I don't think there is any other way to update at this point.

If the ring turns to the locked position you don't need to sand any more. Most likely a firmware issue. You'll probably need to update the handle with the X3 on it, and update the X5 on the Inspire. If you don't have an Inspire, I don't think there is any other way to update at this point.

Ok, updated the X5 to the latest firmware on my inspire 1 and now it's working. The only problem now is that I'm not getting a live video feed in the DJI Go app anymore (also not with the X3).
It is recording (with the X5) though.

Did you update the OSMO as well (with the X3 on it)? And do you have the latest version of the GO app (looks like I'm on v2.6.0)?

Did you update the OSMO as well (with the X3 on it)? And do you have the latest version of the GO app (looks like I'm on v2.6.0)?

The Oslo only want a firmware update when the X5 is on it (which stops at 40%). When the X3 is on the Osmo it doesn't show any option to update the firmware. And I'm not getting any update on the GO app. Recharging battery atm so more testing in a bit.

I tried upgrading, then downgrading but it's still not working. I might have fallen to the "No video feed" problems. I'm going to try to buy a new Osmo today and try again.

Beware if you are considering the purchase of the new Osmo Handle Kit for use with your Zenmuse X5 camera . I was led to believe by information on the DJI website that the new Osmo Handle Kit was compatible with the Zenmuse X5 camera, the same one used on my Inspire Pro. On this discovery, I treated myself to one for Christmas!
Unfortunately, after its late arrival today I found that the Osmo Handle Kit requires the separate purchase of a special X5 adapter. This adapter however, has yet to be released by DJI and they have no idea of a possible date either. I have effectively been sold a dud!

Sorry to hear about that situation. DJI really delayed the release of the adapter badly. Not sure if you have already heard or not, but its out now. You probably found another solution, but if you haven't, here: X5Adapter

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
technologyacair