Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

zenmuse-x5s firmware updated v1.1.0.40 24th Novemeber 2015

These updates are very promising. I knew this would come from all the "not focusing, not sharp" talk. The X5 stat wise is a very professional camera, far better than the X3 (on paper) It just needed beta testing really. They will perfect it and make everyone happy they spent the extra money. I have a question though, what does the bit width increase do? Don't have an idea on that specific topic.

Took a while to upgrade, but seems there are no issues so far, only thing I have noticed is... Film has been replaced with D-Cinestyle and the olympus 12mm F2.0 also shows F1.7 and F1.8 which is odd.
Do you have I1 or I1 Pro?

These updates are very promising. I knew this would come from all the "not focusing, not sharp" talk. The X5 stat wise is a very professional camera, far better than the X3 (on paper) It just needed beta testing really. They will perfect it and make everyone happy they spent the extra money. I have a question though, what does the bit width increase do? Don't have an idea on that specific topic.
That's for color bit increase. See this article for some explanation of that

What is 10-bit Color?

Realistically would it increase the color quality? Maybe, but maybe just a tiny bit.

I am excited to try this update. I hope DJI can keep improving this. Bringing X5 out to the market as quickly as possible was important, but equally important is to address user concerns and wishes.

I updated my X5 with the new FW today. This was done using the new .bin file on the MicroSD inserted in the X5 slot. It did take a while and updated 4 sub-systems. I then flew 2 flights with my Olympus 45mm.

The raw DNG files with the 45mm are now correctly formatted and the tartan effect (reported by others) gone. The long focal length lens is well stabilised and the still images look fantastic. The narrow field of view makes video difficult to track in yaw and pitch and with the aircraft moving. More practise and a camera operator is needed. The 45mm does provide a good standoff for inspection work.

Last edited:
Seems they responded to user feedback.

Community: X5 image is too soft.
DJI: how about 3x sharper, happy now?
Community: Now it is too sharp.
DJI: ...

Reactions: johnmont250
Does the update address the changing FOV issue when switching from 30p to 60p?

Quick tests on Inspire Pro with x5, 15mm lens and new (11/24) firmware - just had one battery worth of time.

Exposure flicker shooting in A mode was still there and just as bad. This on a big outdoor grass field with no lighting changes.

I haven't had a chance to review the other changes.

Last edited:
Inspire 1 Pro (Upgraded from 1.0.0.3)/Ipad Mini2 (DJIGo 2.4.1)
Only got a chance to fly twice today... Gimbal now has a slight pan drift that I can't figure out. Re-Calibrated the Olympus 12mm lens and got it nice and sharp but when I looked under the settings menu again the calibrate lens option disappeared ?? No comment on improved flight characteristics. Going to run it through its paces on dual op tomorrow. APP crashed twice. Additionally when using the AF when clicking on the screen, especially during lens calibration the AF box was most of the time highlighting objects that were not correct. I am hoping I just had a fluke day...

Last edited:
Inspire 1 Pro (Upgraded from 1.0.0.3)/Ipad Mini2 (DJIGo 2.4.1)
Only got a chance to fly twice today... Gimbal now has a slight pan drift that I can't figure out. Re-Calibrated the Olympus 12mm lens and got it nice and sharp but when I looked under the settings menu again the calibrate lens option disappeared ?? No comment on improved flight characteristics. Going to run it through its paces on dual op tomorrow. APP crashed twice. Additionally when using the AF when clicking on the screen, especially during lens calibration the AF box was most of the time highlighting objects that were not correct. I am hoping I just had a fluke day...

I'm also experiencing gimbal drift - anyone else? An older thread suggested calibrating the compass but can't see how this will help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar