Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

zenmuse-x5s firmware updated v1.1.0.40 24th Novemeber 2015

I had the lens drift prior to the upgrade. Seems to happen for me when the lens is at a certain position as if the weight is more at that position causing it to drift?

Thank's Nick - did you manage to resolve the gimbal drift?

I had it on the desk and did a few focus tests (wall was only 16 ft away) BUT it did seem that switching from 1080 to 4k was same focus quality on the screen. Before I could notice the 1080 looked way sharper but this seemed to be fixed at least. The auto focus (taping on subject) seemed to be working very well too.

Reactions: Nick Stubbs
I've done some checks from the ground and the quality seems superb both for stills and video. Can't wait for the weather to improve to get out and do some flying and have a good look at the results.

I had it on the desk and did a few focus tests (wall was only 16 ft away) BUT it did seem that switching from 1080 to 4k was same focus quality on the screen. Before I could notice the 1080 looked way sharper but this seemed to be fixed at least. The auto focus (taping on subject) seemed to be working very well too.
Unless you are viewing 4K on a 4K display or are able to zoom in then the lower resolution 1080p will look sharper. This is because viewing a larger image on fewer pixels will cause a certain amount of blurring as one display pixel represents many pixels in the original. Again most computer screens are not even 1080p so you will lose some native sharpness unless to use a Full HD TV to view.

Regarding the drift issue, I have it too but I actually timed how long it took to settle down and it was 3 mins from the time I powered up the I1. I tested it by hitting the reset yaw button and seeing if the gimbal moved. After 3 mins I did not see any more jumps when hitting the button. Testing at 4 and later no jumps so it looks pretty stable after 3 mins. I tested in both follow and free mode. The I1 was sitting stationary, room temperature.

I updated my X5 with the new FW today. This was done using the new .bin file on the MicroSD inserted in the X5 slot. It did take a while and updated 4 sub-systems. I then flew 2 flights with my Olympus 45mm.

The raw DNG files with the 45mm are now correctly formatted and the tartan effect (reported by others) gone. The long focal length lens is well stabilised and the still images look fantastic. The narrow field of view makes video difficult to track in yaw and pitch and with the aircraft moving. More practise and a camera operator is needed. The 45mm does provide a good standoff for inspection work.

I'm thinking of getting the 45mm for some detail type shots. Could you post of some sample shots? I also need the 12mm as the 15mm is just too tight for those scenic wow shots.
I've just been out today to test the new firmware. It was really windy so not a fair test really but it footage seems sharper & better colour. This is all shot on no colour mode. I have yet to work out how to grade DLOG in Final Cut Pro X?

Last edited:
I'm thinking of getting the 45mm for some detail type shots. Could you post of some sample shots? I also need the 12mm as the 15mm is just too tight for those scenic wow shots.
I would love to post a 45mm image but I can't access the website from my Mac to upload one. If you think the 15mm is tight then you may find to 45mm far too narrow. I need more practise to attempt any video with the long lens.

The upgrade also bring Follow me function to the Inspire.
Out trying it folks.

And do not listen to the people that say you should not upgrade if you do not have the pro version.
If you have the Inspire one and have the X5 installed - you should upgrade.

that is what I thought. maybe it´s my english. but thank you and I will stay with my current FW - normal version.
Yes as long as you just have the X3 stick with your current FW - But as soon as you get your X5 you should switch to Firmware V1.1.0.40 for Inspire 1 Pro. Not listen to they who says it is just for the pro model with different motors - it is not.
X3 camera = use your current FW
X5 camera = Firmware V1.1.0.40 for Inspire 1 Pro
So simple

I can also tell you that with the Firmware V1.1.0.40 for Inspire 1 Pro you also get the Follow me function on the Inspire.

This firmware upgrade killed the video signal on my slave remote.

When I did the upgrade, I didn't have my slave remote powered on, so it didn't get the RC firmware upgrade. At that point, the video worked. Then I upgraded that RC's firmware via the GO app; after that, everything worked (including live histogram) except video.

I spent an hour on the phone yesterday with DJI support. They said it was a known issue, but none of the things we tried fixed it. So they started the RMA process.

Today, I saw that there was a new version of the RC firmware available (1.5.70). I upgraded the RC to that, and the video signal came back.

Reactions: Scotflieger
This update for the x5 has a major issue with banding at a higher iso, almost like there is interference, totaly ruining shots and I hope I can go back to the older firmware as this is a real concern. I was shooting at 1600iso perfectly before, now its just terrible

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare