Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

zenmuse-x5s firmware updated v1.1.0.40 24th Novemeber 2015

Took a while to upgrade, but seems there are no issues so far, only thing I have noticed is... Film has been replaced with D-Cinestyle and the olympus 12mm F2.0 also shows F1.7 and F1.8 which is odd.

Do you have the Inspire 1 Pro or did you upgrade your camera to the X5 as I did? I still am not sure if FW update is only from Pro owners or for upgraders also? So far only one person says it is for upgraders also!

Do you have the Inspire 1 Pro or did you upgrade your camera to the X5 as I did? I still am not sure if FW update is only from Pro owners or for upgraders also? So far only one person says it is for upgraders also!

I have the original i1, I think they just class x5 as pro. As usual no clear info from dji,but there is a major issue with this update, x5 is now unusable 800 and higher, i shot a night paintball at iso1600 last week and it looked superb, then I had a message saying firmware upgrade. Drone will not Fly in 3 days if you don't upgrade, so I did and not thinking there would be issues, today on an important shoot ruined one of the shots from this horrendous banding. It actually looks like interference.

I managed to get round It using a low iso and oopening up the aperture, but I thought my shoot would be over today from this. Don't think you can downgrade the firmware either. No doubt another upgrade in a couple of day with big fixes will get release.

I have the original i1, I think they just class x5 as pro. As usual no clear info from dji,but there is a major issue with this update, x5 is now unusable 800 and higher, i shot a night paintball at iso1600 last week and it looked superb, then I had a message saying firmware upgrade. Drone will not Fly in 3 days if you don't upgrade, so I did and not thinking there would be issues, today on an important shoot ruined one of the shots from this horrendous banding. It actually looks like interference.

I managed to get round It using a low iso and oopening up the aperture, but I thought my shoot would be over today from this. Don't think you can downgrade the firmware either. No doubt another upgrade in a couple of day with big fixes will get release.
You can downgrade the X5 firmware from 1.1.0.40 to 1.0.0.30 if you believe there is a problem. Both versions are available on the DJI website at Learn all you need to know about the Zenmuse X5’s specifications, FAQ, watch video tutorials and guides, and download user manuals and the DJI GO app..

looks like it did work, thanks Scotflieger, but for some reason it drifts in yaw a bit, but I captured a quick vid with exactly the same settings. iso1600, f5.6, 1/50 shutter...

Dropbox - DJI_0011_4.mp4

Old firmware on right, new on left, huge difference. Although I am noticing banding even on the old now which I didnt before. God knows whats going on, its asking to do a camera upgrade, but I need better image quality on a job tommorow in low light inside a building so will leave the old for now and hope it doesnt give me any issues. I cant believe how they can screw this up so badly.

Glad to have helped @apsussex. I can see you point. What you don't say is what format (1080/4K or still) you are using. I have only 1600iso with some stills. I would report what you have found on the DJI X5 forum.

Oh yes sorry, out of my frustration I forgot to put that, this is 4k 25fps, Stills dont suffer the same fate. Quite shocking really that the only way to overcome this is to get it to iso 400 or lower and open the aperture up.

Zenmuse X5 Series - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI

Major Updates:
1.Updated list of compatible lenses: Olympus 25mm/f1.8, 45mm/f1.8 and 14-42/f3.5-5.6.
2.Increased the output bit-width of the sensor from 10bit to 12bit for 4kP30/25/24, 2.7KP30/25/24 and 1080P30/25/24.
3.Improved the AF zooming function (new AF auxiliary focus button in the menu).
4. Improved the image quality by fine tuning the sharpness and contrast.
5.Increased the shutter speed upper limit from 1/2 s to 2 s when shooting in‘A’mode.
6.Fixed issue of the white balance tending to be warm in the daylight.
7.The DNG format now supports the noise profile and sharpness profile.
8.Fixed issue of occasional flickering exposure changes in Auto Exposure mode.
9.Fixed issue of corrupted DNG due to missing lens profile.
10. Optimized system stability.
11.Optimized the gimbal control parameters for better performance.
12. Optimized the Waypoints feature.

Ya this app completely hosed up my inspire and controller.... thank god i have an extra controller... things seem to be back to normal
.. however... i'm getting the the message to update .... i don't know what to do...

Ya this app completely hosed up my inspire and controller.... thank god i have an extra controller... things seem to be back to normal
.. however... i'm getting the the message to update .... i don't know what to do...
I wish people would use English and say what the problem is. What does 'hosed' mean? Others can not offer advice if they don't know what your problem is.

I applied the X5 1.1.0.40 firmware update to the camera and I can now use my X5 with my Olympus 45 and 14-42mm lens. It has nothing to do with the Inspire or RC and the update caused no problems. There is a report by @apsussex of banding at iso1600 with 4K video. There are no changes to the aircraft or RC.

The RC update 1.5.70 is advertised via the GO app and downloaded and installed with issue and flies well. The only stipulation was that the App needed to be at the latest versions (iOS 2.4.2 and Android 2.4.1) for the download to work correctly.

Overall, I personally have had no issues with the latest or previous updates.

I wish people would use English and say what the problem is. What does 'hosed' mean? Others can not offer advice if they don't know what your problem is.

I applied the X5 1.1.0.40 firmware update to the camera and I can now use my X5 with my Olympus 45 and 14-42mm lens. It has nothing to do with the Inspire or RC and the update caused no problems. There is a report by @apsussex of banding at iso1600 with 4K video. There are no changes to the aircraft or RC.

The RC update 1.5.70 is advertised via the GO app and downloaded and installed with issue and flies well. The only stipulation was that the App needed to be at the latest versions (iOS 2.4.2 and Android 2.4.1) for the download to work correctly.

Overall, I personally have had no issues with the latest or previous updates.

Hosed means fucked over......

Guys I have a standard Inspire 1 I upgraded the camera to the new X5 and the suspending plate I cant upgrade from v1.0.0.30 to v1.0.0.40
any thoughts?

Guys I have a standard Inspire 1 I upgraded the camera to the new X5 and the suspending plate I cant upgrade from v1.0.0.30 to v1.0.0.40
any thoughts?
I have what you have and upgrading to 1.0.0.40 went smoothly for me. It took a while though.

I wonder if instead of the Olympus 14-42 lens the X5 new firmware accepts the Panasonic 14-42 ll lens they weight almost the same

I wonder if instead of the Olympus 14-42 lens the X5 new firmware accepts the Panasonic 14-42 ll lens they weight almost the same
The Panasonic lens may well work but unless the profile in programmed in the firmware then it is unlikely that you will get the correct raw files. Until the latest X5 update the 45mm DNG was corrupted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg