Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Zenmuse XT and Osmo?

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Zenmuse XT cameras and the Osmo will work together? I know they have the same contacts and I'm assuming they will work, but I cannot find any info or videos of them being used together.

No they don't work and DJI doesn't intend to make them work. (or so they told me last time I asked)
Such a silly idea and missed opportunity.

Oh well.

It is probably a licensing issue with FLIR, come to think of it.
Still a missed opportunity

Holy thread resurrection....

Is this still the case then to date? Did they keep the xt locked from the osmo? It would work wonders if it was usable on the ground and the Dji replies ive seen to previous requests were from poorly informed staff who clearly know nowt about thermography so im hoping it changed?

Reactions: Advexure
Holy thread resurrection....

Is this still the case then to date? Did they keep the xt locked from the osmo? It would work wonders if it was usable on the ground and the Dji replies ive seen to previous requests were from poorly informed staff who clearly know nowt about thermography so im hoping it changed?

Diggin in the archives are ya? Yes, unfortunately it is still the case today that the XT is not compatible with the Osmo. What kind of application are you looking for ground use with the XT?

Diggin in the archives are ya? Yes, unfortunately it is still the case today that the XT is not compatible with the Osmo. What kind of application are you looking for ground use with the XT?

Im a toolmaker/ engineer by trade. I would of liked to be able to use the camera for ground based monitoring of electrical components....motors etc. I used to be responsible for monitoring plant machinery/ systems previously and it would of been ideal to be able to incorporate that into our workload.

I wouldnt be supirsed if Flir are the culprits behind this. They act like petty children when it comes to using their tech and try and maintain a strangle hold like Dji on this sector.

Last edited:
Reactions: Advexure
Im a toolmaker/ engineer by trade. I would of liked to be able to use the camera for ground based monitoring of electrical components....motors etc. I used to be responsible for monitoring plant machinery/ systems previously and it would of been ideal to be able to incorporate that into our workload.

I wouldnt be supirsed if Flir are the culprits behind this. They act like petty children when it comes to using their tech and try and maintain a strangle hold like Dji on this sector.

Right on. Not sure who is the culprit on this one but I believe it is solely software preventing them from being compatible. All mounting hardware is identical so I'm not sure of the reason that is disallowing XT compatibility with the Osmo.

Right on. Not sure who is the culprit on this one but I believe it is solely software preventing them from being compatible. All mounting hardware is identical so I'm not sure of the reason that is disallowing XT compatibility with the Osmo.

We were dealing Flir reps over here in the UK earlier in the year and i gave up on there externally mounted units in the end as their knowledge of the products capabilities was awful and when i offered to present information on the cameras in a format people would understand and find easier they turned their nose up unless i was paying full wack for the camera.

Idiots i say as their reps are useless and loosing them sales. I would not of had a clue where to start when looking at the specs without my prior knowledge. There advertising radiometric capable cameras with sales pitches focused around jobs low level cams are more cost effective to use.

So after chasing down some leads I found out that the XT is compatible with Inspire 1 and Matrice 100 but none of the newer models. FLIR doesn't accept calls about the XT and after calling DJI their rep stated that if all their products were inter compatible "Then our customers would no longer purchase new drones."

I don't know why they are driving customers towards their older, less expensive models for these products but that appears to be their angle with regards to the Zenmuse XT.

So after chasing down some leads I found out that the XT is compatible with Inspire 1 and Matrice 100 but none of the newer models. FLIR doesn't accept calls about the XT and after calling DJI their rep stated that if all their products were inter compatible "Then our customers would no longer purchase new drones."

I don't know why they are driving customers towards their older, less expensive models for these products but that appears to be their angle with regards to the Zenmuse XT.

Good old DJI ey, every new model has to have a full new camera range for you to pull out for..... They will regret this when a rival matches their units and offers backwards compatibility. I know ill ditch them quicker than you can say booo :lol:

Reactions: Jman642

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb