Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Zenmuse Z3 does it work on Inspire 1 V1?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Burlingtonfilms, Aug 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Burlingtonfilms

Quick question, does the Z3 work properly on the Inspire 1 V1 or does it need the additional vibration board like the X5/R cameras?

2. daxis

Works on the I1 -- it was the original camera that came with the I1, with the smaller vibration plate.

3. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

No, the X3 was the original Inspire camera. The Z3 is the new release with an optical zoom.

@Burlingtonfilms - the Z3 should work with either mounting plate (firmware is identical) although the larger V2/X5 damping plate will probably render better results due to its better stability and larger footprint.

RDTech likes this.
  4. daxis

Geez. Of course this is correct. Got my Zs and Xs confused -- the weird "Zenmuse" thing doesn't help, but that's just an excuse.

5. Mike Shockley

Mine works perfect on the Inspire 1. I may upgrade to the larger absorber board, but its fine now, and fun! One question though, I heard you can have a dedicated ZOOM button on the transmitter for the Z3. I assume its either the left or right switch on the back. I normally use it for 360 degree horizontal movement, and vertical movement, now I think it can be a zoom button instead of touching the FPV screen?

6. AnzacJack

Just wondering if you are still happy with your perfectly operating Z3 Mike. Wondering what you may be doing different?
    cheers

7. Bigdz

He may have the only Z3 that is functioning correctly at the moment

diverreb likes this.
  8. oblivie

The z3 works on the i1 but as of now... Lots and lots of issues.... Like video lag and unresponsive

9. Mike Shockley

Well took it out again for the 3rd ime today. Had some lag and at one point the gimbal wasn't moving up then left to right thought it was my sweaty fingers. But I keep hearing a focus problems I don't seem to have that what are some other problems?

10. oblivie

Dam..... I returned that crap today.... Over it

#10 oblivie, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  11. Bigdz

Issues For me:
    Focus is bad
    Bad video brake up
    Sometimes c1 and c2 buttons are unresponsive when trying to move the camera up or down/side to side

I called b and h got an RMA ready to return it for a full refund. I have 30 days to do it. I'll wait to til this week, if no fw fixes for issues, I'm just going to send it back.

oblivie likes this.
  12. Mike Shockley

I don't think I am going crazy, but now my horizontal C1 C2 button does not move horizontally.

13. Bigdz

Mine does the same...its hit or miss...

14. Martin Dummelow

I am having the same issues with the Z3 Camera :( are DJI aware of this issue I heard it was a Go app issue that was messed up by an apple update?

15. diverreb

Mine just went back.... Tilted to one side and wouldn't initialize without manually rolling the camera by hand. Then it would initialize. They are sending a new one when they become available again. No one, including DJI, knows when that is.... I suspect they may be trying to correct some of the issues before shipping more out.

16. Martin Dummelow

This has me worried? do i send mine back or hold out for the fix?

17. diverreb

If yours is working fine I wouldn't worry about it..... I have friends who don't have any problems with theirs....

18. Martin Dummelow

Thats the issue its not working correct.. video lag a major issue???

19. diverreb

Is it within the return period from the dealer? DJI is not very forthcoming with information about these types of issues. Your issues could very well be addressed with a firmware update or it might be a design issue. It is unfortunate.... But that is what it is. Price of being an early adopter. We become beta testers for the Manufacturer.

Mike Shockley likes this.
  20. Dave FLYRC

I am really frustrated with my Z3. it will not take updates (firmware). I cam put on the old camera and update the Inspire 1, but i still get a warning that my camera is not the most up to date firmware. can I update through the micro-usb port?