Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

1.11 X3 Downgrade

You don't need to worry about legit copies of iTunes, Apple will let you download older versions.
Apple - Support - Downloads
Incidentally, this is what I did with iTunes, I downloaded an older version and set it to not update.
I also set my iPad to not auto update the DJI App (in the iPad settings section).
If or When you manage to roll back your App, it would be a good idea to create a backup in iTunes.

FWIW, I have been allowing the DJI Go app to update to the latest version and have had no issues with my v1.08 birds and v1.6 controllers.

EDIT: My previous assertion regarding the DJI Go app has changed. I'm now on v3.1.19, I don't plan on ever updating again. While in the field, trying to make a living, THIS happened:

Media removed by moderator

That's the nail in the coffin. I'm cutting off all contact with DJI. I love their hardware, but their software and support are the absolute worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Xrover
I just tried this method of downgrading.
I was running on firmware 1.10 and had tried to roll back to 1.9 without success.
Your method worked for me rolling back to 1.9, but... I ended up with a trashed TB47 battery, the battery would not shut down after the the downgrade and non of the led lights worked, I had to unplug the battery to shut down the bird.
I plugged in one of my TB48 batteries and rebooted to find the downgrade had worked!
I have now rolled back to firmware 1.8 - Hooray!.
After doing the IMU and compass calibrations, I test flew the bird and all is well.
Thanks for sharing this.
Now to see if I can get the TB47 working again.....
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. But does anyone know if this still works with 1.11 and downgrading to 1.10? and if it does, can anyone point me in the direction to get the bin file for version 1.10 for a Z3 camera?

Last edited:
FWIW, after downgrading from v1.10 to v1.08, my X3 AND X5 cameras worked flawlessly on TWO birds. That said, I DID NOT downgrade from v1.11 like some of these other guys.

I am chasing the grinding gimbal problem on my Inspire 1 Pro and want to downgrade to at least 1.03 in order to bring it back to 1.10. However I cannot find the previous versions. Does anybody have these firmware files and could you send me a link?

will this work from new 1.14.................................?????????????

""""Next I put firmware WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00 and the WM610_FW_DEBUG (blank file with no file extension)""""

can someone explain or a visual....i dont understand

this is how i understand it.....
1. format sd with windows pc
2. put bin file of choice........how far back can i go, i have all the bin files, on the sd card
3. then rename the bin file to wm610_FW_DEBUG.BIN...................help please

thanks

can someone explain
Put correct firmware file in root directory of the SD card.
in ADDITION, put a second file in the root directory, name it WM610_FW_DEBUG if using the X3 camera. (No extension)
That file can be created with a text editor with no content, i.e. empty file.

At this point you have 2 files on your SD card - not more or less.
You are good to go with the rollback.

The downgrade process could take a while, so always have a fully charged battery inserted.
(Sidenote: While performing the upgrade/downgrade, leave your remote controller OFF)

So, looking to go ahead and downgrade my I1 with X3 and X5 but I have a question first. Can I use the updated, latest version of Go with 1.8 of the I1 firmware? I don't want to have to faff with maintaining an old version of Go on my iPad because the device gets used for other things too.

Hi. I'm been having this image transmission problem for some time. It's gradually got worse so I've decided to take the bull by the horns and do something about it... I'm going to approach the problem in stages. So, stage one has been to check connections (all OK), and relink the transmitters.

I have seen that some people have suggested manually setting the HD channel. I thought I would test this tomorrow. However, when I go into that part of the app, the "custom" button is greyed out and I can't select it... Am I being stupid? How do I manually change the channel?

If I continue to have problems after this I will try the FW roll backs others have recommended, so I'd also be interested in an answer to Rilot's question about the Go app above...

And if that also doesn't work, I guess it will point to the problem being with my iPad minis - expensive!

Thanks and happy new year everyone!

Hi. I'm been having this image transmission problem for some time. It's gradually got worse so I've decided to take the bull by the horns and do something about it... I'm going to approach the problem in stages. So, stage one has been to check connections (all OK), and relink the transmitters.

I have seen that some people have suggested manually setting the HD channel. I thought I would test this tomorrow. However, when I go into that part of the app, the "custom" button is greyed out and I can't select it... Am I being stupid? How do I manually change the channel?

If I continue to have problems after this I will try the FW roll backs others have recommended, so I'd also be interested in an answer to Rilot's question about the Go app above...

And if that also doesn't work, I guess it will point to the problem being with my iPad minis - expensive!

Thanks and happy new year everyone!
Well as it was explained to me when I had issues with my phantom four from a DJI GO tech they said that the way the camera worked was it sees the image it passes through the SD card first like you notice on the inspire one the SD card is right in the camp then it goes on to the Image transmission module then to the internal then back to you to your iPad or android device I was having similar issues with my phantom four and all I did was buy a good high-end SD card like a Trans Am and maybe 100 MB per second and definitely a class 10 with a U3 plus setting and I never had trouble again with my android shield for my iOS devices but it don't mean it won't happen again because what they said was The SD card is written and rewritten so many times it starts to degrade and becomes a big issue so if the SD card is recording a bad image or degraded image it will then send it along the intent to your device hope this helped his help me

Reactions: Yellow Fellow
Thanks - that is a thought and worth a try for sure. I am getting the problem with three separate cards, though...

wow dji removing all there downgrade videos.......sneaky bastards.........the sounds where exact like they should when you upgrade or downgrade
ok ive gone from the never download 1.11 to 1.8 ac and 1.6 rc

but i have to find best configuration of APP and RC and AC

now for some repairs........and warm weather for test flights

i found it in another language................dji f%$kers......bite me i will download this version, but to anyone doing a downgrade, it takes about 30 minutes, and the sounds are correct......i know i hear every one, even the failure one, it will upgrade each motor and esc as it works, pretty cool light show, i had lights off resting while it worked

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu