Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

2.4 boosters and sexy Dipoles didn’t do a **** thing for range.

Reaction score
I gave this a try and it didn’t help at all.
I was hoping to getting better range through the thick woods but to no avail. I was pretty surprised bc a similar setup on the i1 made worlds of improvement.

Any ideas on why? I’m scratching my head.
IMG_0136.jpg

I thought I might mention that the 4hawks XR patch antenna for the original controller works really well with regards to trees and forest getting in the way of your signal. I know that I have had better success with 5.8 than 2.4 with regards to the woods. I did a video last weekend where I could never keep a great signal, just hoped the video would come out okay. Now with the 4hawks I can see the video during the whole process. It makes a big difference as you know. I could actually see this video the whole time even with all the trees in the way.

Reactions: jakejhonson44
Nice video. What kind of range are you able to get with the 4hawks antenna installed?

Lets just say they are not lying on their website about the range compared to the standard antenna / controller configuration. Just keep in mind that you always have to be pointing the Patch in the direction of the bird as it gets farther away from you.

Reactions: Tom Sanderson
Thanks for the reply, Jack! One last thing: did you do the install yourself or did you send the remote to them to have it done?

Reactions: jackbisson
Thanks for the reply, Jack! One last thing: did you do the install yourself or did you send the remote to them to have it done?

I did it myself. Takes about an hour, just take your time.

I followed this video which pretty much matches the Inspire 2 controller setup.

The kit comes with a Phillips screwdriver and Allen wrench but they are pretty cheesy. I used my own Allen wrench kit (bought it at Walmart) and I already have a great set of screwdrivers. A good needle nose pliers will be needed as well which I already had. The toughest thing was pinching the antenna plastic clip to remove them. Do not be afraid to pull them out, just start by pinching and pulling and pull some more. Be firm but gentle at the same time if that even makes sense.

Reactions: Tom Sanderson
Thanks for posting that video, I'm really excited to try this. I just picked up a used I2 with the x5s and I'm getting around 1700 feet when trees are in the equation. incredibly disappointing.

thanks

I thought I might mention that the 4hawks XR patch antenna for the original controller works really well with regards to trees and forest getting in the way of your signal. I know that I have had better success with 5.8 than 2.4 with regards to the woods. I did a video last weekend where I could never keep a great signal, just hoped the video would come out okay. Now with the 4hawks I can see the video during the whole process. It makes a big difference as you know. I could actually see this video the whole time even with all the trees in the way.

Jack the video is nice ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tycet