Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

25mm Calibration

Reaction score
Website
www.action4image.com ; http
I tried to calibrate the 25mm with the Go App 4 (IOS) and kept getting target too close messages. The manual says the target needs to be least 50m away and mine was at least twice that far away. I was never able to do a successful focus calibration. Anyone one else have similar issue calibrating?

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

I have had the same issue with all my lenses, 12,17,25 and 45mm. My target was at least 250 meters away and I still got "target too close". Perseverance and waiting for sunny high contrast conditions finally paid off. There is definitely a software issue but keep trying.

I have had the same issue with all my lenses, 12,17,25 and 45mm. My target was at least 250 meters away and I still got "target too close". Perseverance and waiting for sunny high contrast conditions finally paid off. There is definitely a software issue but keep trying.

Thanks!! I retried from 300 ft up shooting straight down and was able to calibrate. There was good contrast with that type of shot. Also, when the calibration failed and I would cancel out, AF would not give me a good focus until I restarted everything. I first tried calibrating on the ground by focusing on a tree on the horizon but never could get a good calibration.

Do you need to calibrate every time you swap lens' or just once, when you start using a lens that has not been previously used on the I2 ?

It should only be once for each lens, in order to use manual focusing.

It's also per device since the data seems to save to the mobile device
I got the "too close" error only on my 12mm lens, not the 45, 25, 14-42. It was weird.
I finally got past the error by selecting different AF points on the screen. I also typically do calibration in photo mode since it zooms in so you can see focus easier.

Anyone find out how to manually adjust focus on the RC? With the I1, we could press C1+left focus wheel. Can't seem to set it anywhere in the GO4 app?!??

I found possibly because the camera does not have an internal battery I calibrate each time, aircraft battery or lens is changed. All my lenses can give rise to the too close warning, just try focusing on a different part of the view. I often focus on a distant tree when the craft is on the ground. Once you are past 10-20 metres with a wide angle it considers it infinity anyway. I would choose a much further point for the 45mm or leave it until air born about 50m to get a more distant view.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74