Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

A bit of a dilemma

Reaction score
I have a inspire 1 with the X3 I also have a Phantom 4.

The Phantom 4 pro has been released and I was thinking about upgrading.

Here is my dilemma

The DJI X5 camera is the same price as the P4P+.

Is the P4P camera better than the X5?

Is it worth me upgrading to the P4P or getting the X5?

Tough decision? I mainly shoot just video from the Drones and leave the stills to my terrestrial D750.

If you primarily do video, then I'd go the X5 route. You'll get more stable footage in windier weather and you won't have to worry about props appearing in your footage. The higher bitrate of the P4P+ is nice but the MFT X5 and interchangeable lenses is really nice.

Hi Joola

That's kinda what I was thinking I really like the way the Inspire 1 flies. Its quick and agile, the X3 however leaves a lot to be desired.

I really have no need for a Inspire 2 at this time maybe late next year.

I was looking at the P4P+ mainly because of the Aperture adjustment but I see the X5 also has aperture adjustment from F2.8 to F16, and the interchangeable lenses are very nice.

Thanks you have helped me I am trying to find P4P Vs Inspire 1 X5 video comparisons on Youtube. But the X5 Videos I have seen are stunning.

I have the X5 and 3 Olympus lenses (12mm, 25mm & 45mm) and can't imagine ever going back to a point & shoot rig.
Plus, as Joola mentioned, stability and no props showing in picture are huge factors.
I am seeing X5s going on ebay for $900 - $1300 used and a few new ones selling for $1400 - $1500.

Thanks guys I think I am going to invest in the X5 with a couple of lenses and maybe get the P4P later in the new year or wait till the P5 comes out =)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
examdumps1