Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Adding a second controller

Reaction score
I have an Inspire 1 V2 with a single controller. I'm thinking about adding the second controller to make some jobs easier.

How hard is it going to be to set up a second controller?
Will it bind without interfering with the existing setup?
Will I still be able to fly as a single pilot for shoots that don't require the second controller?
Is the conversion worth the effort?

Hi @heygeorge

I bought the Inspire 1v2 and added a second remote quite quickly after. The process of binding the new remote to the AC was really easy, once I had matched the fw versions across units. I regularly fly alone with just the master controller, and all I have to do whenever I have a companion with me, is turn on the second remote.

Good luck!

PS! The additional remote is absolutely worth it! I'm a photographer by profession, and always try to get the best possible images from each job, which is sooo much easier with a dedicated pilot for the craft!

Last edited:
I have an Inspire 1 V2 with a single controller. I'm thinking about adding the second controller to make some jobs easier.

How hard is it going to be to set up a second controller?
Will it bind without interfering with the existing setup?
Will I still be able to fly as a single pilot for shoots that don't require the second controller?
Is the conversion worth the effort?
I totally agree the second controller makes life so much easier for certain situations and setups, actually setting up the slave controller is also very easy to do, I as with most things these days went to youtube and watched a video on how to do it, can't go wrong! enjoy

Bought my second controller from a forum member on here (thanks again Dan) for my I1 Pro and setting it up as the slave was a piece of cake. Just remember to have the same firmware on both controllers before you slave set up.

Ok, what should be simple turns out to be a pain. Master firmware is 1.7.60, new radio is 1.6.0. Tried to find a link to download software and DJI no longer has a separate firmware section under Inspire1 support. Tried the chat and they told me to delete dji go app and then reinstall and it would automatically update controller - that didn't work, so they told me to switch the master and slave a few times it should update! Any ideas where I can get just the firmware so I can update this new controller?

That's strange as the one I bought from this forum also had version 1.6.0 and when I went into the Go app (not the Go4 app) it automatically recognised the need to update the RC and did so.

Once I tapped the red bar next to the DJI logo, the menu I needed to update the firmware appeared. I got it all set up and ready to fly now. Thanks for all your help.

Reactions: tbenjaminsen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjamin123