Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ah Yes another new update for the Inspire 1 12/15/16

Reaction score
Love these. It's like looking in a "Cracker Jack" box to see if you'll like the new prize..probably dating myself for some of the younger guys

I just tried to download it and it says the file is corrupt or damaged every time I attempt to open it.
I downloaded the last one they released in July and it opened fine.

I looked at the release details

"2016.12.15 Overview: 1. All-in-One firmware version updated to v1.10.1.40. 2. DJI GO app iOS version updated to v3.1.1. 3. DJI GO app Android version updated to v3.1.1. What’s New: 1. Optimized Flight Restriction Zone management by deleting flight restrictions for some abandoned airports. 2. Slowed motor stopping time to three seconds during flight."

Yet the file size difference between this version and the last is nearly double. With this one being the largest, assuming that's not due to the part download, its clear A LOT has been added and most likely beyond the release note claims.

Its been over 5 months since the last update and my light bridge performance is garbage.
I hope they have done something, though with the thing not even downloading, I don't hold out much hope.

*UPDATE*
Just tried to download it again and now filesize is 71mb down about 25mb from the last time I downloaded, and still corrupt BTW.

Last edited:
I just tried to download it and it says the file is corrupt or damaged every time I attempt to open it.
I downloaded the last one they released in July and it opened fine.

I looked at the release details

"2016.12.15 Overview: 1. All-in-One firmware version updated to v1.10.1.40. 2. DJI GO app iOS version updated to v3.1.1. 3. DJI GO app Android version updated to v3.1.1. What’s New: 1. Optimized Flight Restriction Zone management by deleting flight restrictions for some abandoned airports. 2. Slowed motor stopping time to three seconds during flight."

Yet the file size difference between this version and the last is nearly double. With this one being the largest, assuming that's not due to the part download, its clear A LOT has been added and most likely beyond the release note claims.

Its been over 5 months since the last update and my light bridge performance is garbage.
I hope they have done something, though with the thing not even downloading, I don't hold out much hope.

*UPDATE*
Just tried to download it again and now filesize is 71mb down about 25mb from the last time I downloaded, and still corrupt BTW.

They seem pretty close in size on my mac. I will not be upgrading yet, I am pretty happy with the 1.8 FW on the aircraft and the controller on FW 1.6.

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 12.00.21 PM.png

Can someone upload the zip or bin file to another host like file dropper and give me the link I can't download it from DJI.
says zip archive is damaged or unknown.

True, but I guess if you'r in the air and you have your controls in CSC for 3 seconds, you might be in trouble to start with.
You got me wrong. It is a disaster when someone looses orientation and flies into someones face.
The instant CSC emergency stop was always there as a last resort to prevent bigger disasters from happening than 'just a crashed 3500$ bird'.
But now it takes 3 seconds to avoid a major disaster. It's going to happen and that's not good.

Reactions: staf
You got me wrong. It is a disaster when someone looses orientation and flies into someones face.
The instant CSC emergency stop was always there as a last resort to prevent bigger disasters from happening than 'just a crashed 3500$ bird'.
But now it takes 3 seconds to avoid a major disaster. It's going to happen and that's not good.
Exactly! What's the point of having it at all now. I remember seeing somewhere that if you are in a situation where a bird is going to attack, you're supposed to perform a CSC to prevent injury to the bird. With a three second delay, they'll be two dead birds.

I can see the reason, I'd rather have it bounce off the ground as well before it flying into something it shouldn't

I can understand both points of view regarding instant CSC vs 3 second CSC. I have always been concerned that holding both joy sticks and accidentally doing a CSC is sudden death. So I work with one at a time. Having a 3 second delay obviates that need BUT if you only have seconds to perform a CSC it could be a problem.

Just upgraded the firmware and all went well. Now we. Will see it it can fly, that is important.

Upgraded fine, turns out winrar was unable to open this file, I know it says zip on dji site but I always used winrar in the past, installed winzip and it went ok.
Flew to 3000 meters today (with this update) in the mountains on stock setup, annoyingly, I am getting bad breakup and performance when the drone is with in a few dozen meters of the handset which is the most common usage for it. Yet had a clean signal at 3000m like it was trolling me.

I did the 32 channel mod, extra channels show up. hardware decode on, ipad mini 2. Latest updates etc. (this was in middle on nowhere too)
Prior to all that I had been having bad issues with video break up.

How do you downgrade your firmware in both the remote and inspire 1 if you happen to find that it's not a good update?

Any thoughts?

Now that this update has been out for a week or so, what is the conclusion? Should I hold off updating? Any thoughts?

I like the new firmware. The Inspire seems more responsive and there where no video issues.

The motors won't shut down mid-flight unless you hold the sticks in CSC position for 3 seconds.
I really do wish it was adjustable for your preference, the CSC on the Inspire 2 is with the left control stick and the returned home button why isn't this the standard?

I cant gett my Inspire 1 v2 to update very bizzar when i look at the hidden files it says OSMO how bizzar is that. DJI wants me to send it back. Not sure I have months to wait for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ai900exam