Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Android 1.2.0 app released

It will do everything that we DONT want that will be for sure. The range option is the same, so that's a bad start! I need ios, so should be soon. Strange Android is first for a change.

Not available under Dji downloads as I write (in UK anyway) but I just reloaded the app from the Play Store and to my surprise it is the 1.2.0 update.

It has the new style ios function table (good) and Director, but still no simulator (bad). At first glance everything else is pretty much the same, we'll see if the video performance is any smoother. Really good news for me however is that it has solved the problem I was having where I lost the video signal if I temporarily moved off the Camera/Map page within the app :D. I was just about to return my Hudl 2 to Tesco but seems it was a bug in the app.

Try to uninstall/reinstall from the play store it should be 1.2.0

I'm still getting the "Synchronizing flight records Failed".

The app was just posted on the DJI download page, hopefully the Firmware is soon to follow.

No more Gimbal Calibration Malfunction error messages. I had a good 12min fight yesterday, and zero issues. Had it out to 1.5kms and no loss of signal quality even in a built up area. I had a clear LOS though, no obstructions between me or the i1

Reactions: sirnikolas
Also interesting to note that the apk size for 1.2.0 in both DJI and Google Play store is 47mb. Version 1.1.0 downloaded from the DJI website was 110mb in size.. What did they delete?

Reactions: sirnikolas
The new App has a camera Forward/Down option for the C1 and C2 switch but it does not work it just takes your camera forward. It works on my Phantom 3 and is very useful click once and your camera is looking straight forward click again and it is looking straight down.

Also interesting to note that the apk size for 1.2.0 in both DJI and Google Play store is 47mb. Version 1.1.0 downloaded from the DJI website was 110mb in size.. What did they delete?
The clips for the 4 "sample videos" in the Director. It now asks you to download them when you load the sample projects.

Reactions: Ward Paterson
Myself and a friend both had the app restart mid flight today. This has never happened to either of us before with previous app versions. Also we are both experiencing lag in the downlink video. This is using an nvidia shield, a Google nexus and a Samsung galaxy note edge. Come on DJI, sort it out!
On the plus side I'm liking the new additions with the app. Doesn't make up for the new lagginess though.

Reactions: ronanoconno1
I had my app (the previous version) crash, restart and hang my video feed during work... forcing me to stop in air and restart my app... I really hope it will sort out for me using my galaxy4 active for now... I am planing to buy a dedicated device for both RC´s... I am still on the search for "best" device to go.
any advice?

I had my app (the previous version) crash, restart and hang my video feed during work... forcing me to stop in air and restart my app... I really hope it will sort out for me using my galaxy4 active for now... I am planing to buy a dedicated device for both RC´s... I am still on the search for "best" device to go.
any advice?

I purchased the Samsung S 8.4 and had a ton of delay. so I purchased the NVidia and wow what a difference. it works great. I will download the new app to my Samsung tonight and see if that helps.

I flew one small flight tonight since updating to the newest app. I saw some strange things.

1.) Video was not stable at all. Kept loosing connection. I didn't fly further than about 30ft from me, so I know it wasn't a distance thing. Much of the time I kept seeing the RED error saying "No Signal", however I did have a signal even though it was not very stable.
2.) I flew in an area that I have flown from many many times. My MOD values seemed high. They were reading like 1600 - 1750. I was tempted to recalibrate, but didn't. I launched but was ready to switch to ATTI if I needed to. The AC did fly very well. But, again, I didn't fly too far as I didn't trust this version.

I did notice that in the Video tab of the settings, it was warning about too much cross signal in the area or some such message. This could be what caused the choppy video.

Tomorrow, I will go to another area and try flying again.

I did like being able to see voltage on the main screen. Also, noticed the GPS count of locked satellites. This was nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalyst