Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any CrystalSky 7.85 Users out there?

Seems pretty sweet, just want to hear what others are saying!

With CrystalSky it seems I dont need gps antenna anymore.

Also anyway to get edits off of the unit? Cant seem to copy to microsd card? :(

View attachment 15244 View attachment 15245 View attachment 15246

Was beginning to wonder if there was such a thing , paid for the regular 7.85 over three months ago and have not seen it yet and a little frustrated with the whole situation. :(
Curious how early did you pre-order ? May 5th for me. Almost at the point of just cancelling since summer is almost over and just wait till they get the whole thing straightened out.

It's a unicorn right now. I got it at Dji store in Manhattan. They held one for me!

Was beginning to wonder if there was such a thing , paid for the regular 7.85 over three months ago and have not seen it yet and a little frustrated with the whole situation. :(
Curious how early did you pre-order ? May 5th for me. Almost at the point of just cancelling since summer is almost over and just wait till they get the whole thing straightened out.

Just a few CS 7.85" units out in the wild thus far. Lucky you :)

You are correct, the CrystalSky has built-in GPS so you will no longer need the GPS Add-On Module.

Are you referring to edits that you have done through the Editor in DJI GO 4? Through the explorer you can select which files you would like to move or copy either to the built-in memory of the CS or another Micro SD or USB Drive.

We've absolutely loved the CrystalSky so far, such a solid unit. Battery and brightness are simply wonderful.

You are correct, the CrystalSky has built-in GPS so you will no longer need the GPS Add-On Module.

Are you referring to edits that you have done through the Editor in DJI GO 4? Through the explorer you can select which files you would like to move or copy either to the built-in memory of the CS or another Micro SD or USB Drive.

We've absolutely loved the CrystalSky so far, such a solid unit. Battery and brightness are simply wonderful.
Yes in the editor. I found them through explorer, but when I click on move nothing happens.

Its still a dealbreaker for many not using 3rd party apps..If they want to sell these things, they should change that conundrum..I guess they feel if you use 3rd party apps, you won't pay for an expensive monitor. (ie; your not pro)

Reactions: Plafonta
Its still a dealbreaker for many not using 3rd party apps..If they want to sell these things, they should change that conundrum..I guess they feel if you use 3rd party apps, you won't pay for an expensive monitor. (ie; your not pro)

We hear ya. Still hoping they'll be opening up the OS to allow downloading of third party apps at some point in time.

Yes in the editor. I found them through explorer, but when I click on move nothing happens.

You have to click copy or move then use Up to navigate back to tweeter you want to place the file and then press and hold to get paste

Also a number of folks are getting their CrystalSky this weeks it seems to shopping is happening now.

Reactions: Advexure
Got mine several weeks ago but did not realize that the monitor brack we t did not come with it. I had to order it at nearly an additional cost of $100.00 extra. I just received the new bracket in today after a few weeks waiting. Man this thing adds a lot more weight to the controller. Would strongly recommend the use of the body strap.

First experience was not good. The bracket is one of the weak components. The touch screen does not respond quickly. There is blur and lag in the image. However, I noticed the recent firmware release addresses that problem. And it is brighter than the iPad but not significantly in my mind. Still a lot of glare on the screen.

First experience was not good. The bracket is one of the weak components. The touch screen does not respond quickly. There is blur and lag in the image. However, I noticed the recent firmware release addresses that problem. And it is brighter than the iPad but not significantly in my mind. Still a lot of glare on the screen.

Curious to hear some additional feedback on your thoughts of the Mounting Bracket. We've never had an issue with it and have found it be very solid.

Regarding the lag, have you updated the CS to the latest FW? There has been many confirmed lag issues over the weeks but we've found the latest FW to address many of these lag issues reported to us.

There still a lot of glare on the screen? I was thinking of buying this. are you referring to the Ultra or regular unit?

Brightness of the 7.85 super.
What I find an issue is the fact that for the I2
The updates are not up to the level of iOS. Meaning i can not fly waypoints...

Reactions: Advexure
There still a lot of glare on the screen?

The best thing we can recommend is connecting with a CS owner or dealer who can show you a demo in daylight. We've also been sending a few of our demo units around the US for people to use and experience how bright 1000-nits is.

Here are some videos that may be helpful to you, but seeing with your naked eye is definitely the best way to review!

Comparison: 7.85" High (1000-nit) / BON BSM-153H / iPad Air 2 (~415-nit)

CrystalSky Brightness and Heat Testing

Hope this helps!

CS's 3rd party limitation is OK with me because I use it for the gimbal op. I run 3rd party apps on the pilot's Mini 4. But it would be great at some point. Bright, clear, I'm liking it so far.

I agree we should be able to load 3rd party apps. I would like to use some mapping apps, but can't. This also makes it a pain when you have to use the special mount. I would have been better if they just made the monitor with a side mounted cable so that we could use the standard mounts on the controllers already. I have the 7" model and it fits in the holder just fine. But when you try to plug a cable into the bottom, it won't seat properly into the holder.

If someone could print a holder out for it, we could use standard bracket and a USB to USB-C cable to connect the monitor to the RC. Since that's where it plugs into anyway. That would save money and provide much better failsafe since we could easily carry extra cables with us versus spending $80 on another mount and trying to find a spot to keep it.

I wonder why you think use of 3rd party apps makes you "not a pro"? Mapping is a very professional gig. There's really no reason to do it except someone pays you money. And, until GS Pro (which does a very good job as a mapper) DJI had nothing to offer and you had to use a 3rd party app. Does GS Pro run on the CS? That would be cool!

Reactions: Lesmess

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hetaksh31