Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any news on delivery of X5 camera upgrade for I1?

Reaction score
Ordered & paid on 9/12 through PayPal ... no response from DJI on ship date. Does anyone have a delivery date? Thanks

on the homepage in the store it says 15-20 days after payment is confirmed. I hope this is not only sitting there as an empty info. :) keep us posted :D

Buy Zenmuse X5 | DJI Store
- check on the right side in the product box on the bottom it´s there in red letters.

cheers

now I might have a really dumb question.
is the 510GB micro SSD included in the price or do we have to buy that separately. for 5 and a half grand I would expect it to be in the box. Am I missing something? on B&H it is not listed at the "in the box" tab. thoughts?

now I might have a really dumb question.
is the 510GB micro SSD included in the price or do we have to buy that separately. for 5 and a half grand I would expect it to be in the box. Am I missing something? on B&H it is not listed at the "in the box" tab. thoughts?
Phatzo
I read that the SSD is proprietary, that said only DJI will be able to source it, therefore it should come with the X5R. Be aware that if it's lost we will only be able to get it from DJI unless they license it to other SSD manufacturers.

B&H says the Inspire 1 Pro will ship October 7th. It has said this for at least a week. B&H is usually pretty accurate with such dates.
I'm guessing the pros will ship before the cameras. Some shippers have already received the pros heading to the US. I haven't seen any with the cameras yet.

My dealer told me, that after the chinese holiday (next week) they will start shipping - DJI told them the first batch would ship around Oct. 12th.

This is what I'm hearing from my dealer here in the States as well, but he wasn't for sure about it. Last week the DJI rep actually wanted him to send pictures of our checks to her to 'expedite' our orders. Pretty shady, if you ask me.

Just got news that my Inspire 1 Pro showed up at my vendor this morning. Of course I'm out in Vegas at the commercial UAV Expo until Thursday.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
And B&H still says October 7th.

I got caught in this trap when the Inspire 1 was released. I ordered it from DJI, then waited forever for a shipping notification. As I got closer and closer to the B&H expected shipping date, I got more anxious. Then I ordered one from B&H, and the next day, before I canceled by DJI order, both DJI and B&H shipped. I ended up returning one at my own expense.

So now I'm in the exact same situation again. No word from DJI, and B&H says they can ship tomorrow...

DJI has shipped my Inspire 1 Pro via FedEx. The FedEx tracking site says it left Shenzen, China yesterday, and is in Hong Kong right now. Estimated delivery date is Tuesday.

Last edited:
Reactions: CO_Mark
Ordered the X5 on the day after announcement and it has shipped finally. Now onto the thread that discusses complaints about sharpness on the X5 :/

DJI loves folks like you.
You do realize that there will be no discernible difference once the footage is aired on TV? I'm talking about the difference between the X3 and X5.
TV compression through broadcasting on cable and satellite will make both cameras look the same.
If you are only looking at it at home or making 16 mp photos, then the X5 will look better.
However, the majority of us will be shooting for clients and it will be for TV airing.
I'm very happy with what the X3 brings to the table as far as TV viewing on air goes and have no plans to waste my money on the X5.

Mr. Airwolf, your negativity about the X5 camera is very well-known, from your various posts on various forums here.

If you are happy with the X3, and if you don't think the X5 upgrade is worth the price, then that's great for you.

But some of us are excited about the X5, and I think it would be kind of you to let us discuss delivery dates in peace. Please save your X5 negativity for the posts that are asking for such input.

Thanks.

Reactions: Figbar
Mr. Airwolf, your negativity about the X5 camera is very well-known, from your various posts on various forums here.

If you are happy with the X3, and if you don't think the X5 upgrade is worth the price, then that's great for you.

But some of us are excited about the X5, and I think it would be kind of you to let us discuss delivery dates in peace. Please save your X5 negativity for the posts that are asking for such input.

Thanks.
I disagree wholeheartedly. A forum is for people to post important information about products and the X5, contrary to what you believe personally, is not the right fit for the Inspire if it is used for TV shows.
As you can see by other posters, a lot of them have also stated what I am saying. Obviously, you are not even listening or even reading the posts from anyone and you go on about the virtues of the X5. Enough of your ignorance about this camera ok!
As I mentioned, if you are a hobbyist and strictly view the footage at home or make prints, then the X5 is fine. If it is meant for airing, the X3 will produce the exact same result as the X5 after broadcast compression and editing etc.
I'm here to help people decide what is best for their purposes and to help save them a lot of money. If you disagree with the truth, then please stay off the forum!

If you disagree with the truth, then please stay off the forum!
Interestingly, I didn't ask you to stay off the forum. I didn't ask you to stop sharing your opinion about the X5; I just asked you to be more judicious about where you share that opinion.

Specifically, a thread entitled "Any news on delivery of X5 camera upgrade for I1?", in which the OP states that he has ordered one, might not be the appropriate place for your "no discernible difference once the footage is aired on TV" mantra.

Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ai900exam