Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone fix the known HDMI module issues ?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Recently picked up a spare controller for my Inspire 1 v2.

Controller is a GL658A, seller sold it as a GL658C, but that's a separate issue.

The hdmi board seems to be dead, will not connect to app. I swapped it from my master and the controller worked fine. So i narrowed it down to the HDMI board.

Findings show that the top part of the board has to be clicked in for the board to work at all. Cannot have just the USB in place. Re-soldering / re flowing the connections did not fix any issues.

Just looking for input from the forum if anyone has come across a failure point for these modules not linking to the app, aka dead USB. It is certainly not the port alone, must be something further in the board.

Cheers

Thanks for the transfer to the correct section :)

I picked up a spare module to investigate ... but it would be neat to find out what is causing these to fail. Mine looks intact, no corrosion damage.

Most likely same manufacturer fault as Phantom 3 Pro gimbal board.

Like on P3P gimbal control board, HDMI module contain DaVinci DSP procesor and its NAND memory.

And like P3P gimbal board, this board is very hot and NAND memory become bad
if turned on for too long. Too long mean over 30 minutes - I damaged 3 gimbal boards
only by updating drone firmware without pointing running fan to the drone.

With serial console there is always something like "cannot boot" or "bad block detected".
Simply - DaVinci DSP processor is unable to boot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
examdumps1