Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot ap

Reaction score
I bought the autopilot ap a month or so ago to use with my inspire and ipad pro. I sold the inspire and bought a Mavic is there a way to download the ap again on my smaller iphone with out buying it again? does it support mavic?

I think I read it was in the yet to be released next version for the Mavic and still in beta. They likely need to add the Inspire 2 and the Phantom P4 Pro too if unsupported so it could be a while, especially if DJI is releasing the two newest models quicker than they are getting the Mavic out of backorder status.

Autoflight Logic, I recently have had several issues with AutoFlight Logic's ap. Latest issues which caused crashes ( of inspire1) : when attempting to disengage ap to fly manually - I toggled back and forth to quit ap- and land manually - i got no response and consequently crashed. Then to day I attempted to fly a waypoint mission at an altitude of 50 ft agl and instead of rising to that height it rose about three feet off the ground and headed to waypoint 2. Once again I attempted to regain by toggling the RC but in vain- it crashed. After today's flight I noticed Autopilot via Test Flight posted an update for "a bug that prevented the ap from working upon launch."
WHAT?? Was there any notification before this bug fix- like don't fly because we have a serious problem here at Hangar.
So,that said has anyone else experienced problems with attempting missions with AutoPilot?

I bought the autopilot ap a month or so ago to use with my inspire and ipad pro. I sold the inspire and bought a Mavic is there a way to download the ap again on my smaller iphone with out buying it again? does it support mavic?

It is no problem to download again on another ios device. It requires you to use same apple id on both devices.

Autoflight Logic, I recently have had several issues with AutoFlight Logic's ap. Latest issues which caused crashes ( of inspire1) : when attempting to disengage ap to fly manually - I toggled back and forth to quit ap- and land manually - i got no response and consequently crashed. Then to day I attempted to fly a waypoint mission at an altitude of 50 ft agl and instead of rising to that height it rose about three feet off the ground and headed to waypoint 2. Once again I attempted to regain by toggling the RC but in vain- it crashed. After today's flight I noticed Autopilot via Test Flight posted an update for "a bug that prevented the ap from working upon launch."
WHAT?? Was there any notification before this bug fix- like don't fly because we have a serious problem here at Hangar.
So,that said has anyone else experienced problems with attempting missions with AutoPilot?

I got sent a notification I'm sure of.

I'm sorry to hear about your crash.
I've never had any issues with autopilot. I always engage when already in air, I don't trust any software to take off. Always done so manually.

But when you switched modes on the rc, you shouldn't switch back. (Or what do you meen by toggle back and forth?)If anything fails I turn to atti, it's failsafe as long as you can fly it completely manually.

Last edited:
I got sent a notification I'm sure of.

If anything fails I turn to atti, it's failsafe as long as you can fly it completely manually.

Atti mode is still very assisted. There is no 'manual' mode on the Inspire.
But agreed, people should at least know how to fly without GPS assist. Learning to fly fully manual would be better. But you need a different type of multirotor for that.

Atti mode is still very assisted. There is no 'manual' mode on the Inspire.
But agreed, people should at least know how to fly without GPS assist. Learning to fly fully manual would be better. But you need a different type of multirotor for that.

I get you!
Isn't it only altitude that is assisted with in atti?

I get you!
Isn't it only altitude that is assisted with in atti?
There's a lot more going on in Atti, it still has the VPS, and the barometer. You still have a connected app in front of you, it still assists you in the landing, and GPS can kick back in any moment.

Full manual means full manual. No easy or sport switch, it's only sports mode. No apps, just an RC, no barometer, no nothing, just the basic main flight controller that levels the quad by managing the RPM of the motors. You will have to work the throttle stick all the time to keep it at the same altitude, blinking to a screen you would find it 10 m lower or higher as soon as you have the quad back in sight. Believe me, I had to train and finally do exam on a custom built, full manual, medium (quite larger than Inspire) sized quad (with a Futuba RC) in winds 5 and a code orange weather alert. They had us train on a CP helicopter simulation first and only after we could prove that we were able to hover for 5 minutes on the same spot and height, and fly basic patterns nose in and out, we were allowed to fly the real thing. Fortunately for me it was less than a piece of cake, having 4 decades of RC fixed wing and 15 years CP helicopter experience. But for others it took 2 months just to master the heli simulation. And then the fun really started. Some found out they just wouldn't get used to it, mainly because they kept losing orientation while flying VLOS, and quit (among a few PPL pilots).

DJI made their drones so easy to fly, most 'pilots' wouldn't have a clue what to do when all of a sudden the app would go black and GPS, VPS and barometer would quit, while flying at a distance of 400m and 100m high, in a strong breeze and nasty gusts, and not knowing which way the nose is pointing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arhaansheikh07