Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot vs. Litchi

I've never used Litchi, but what I can tell you is that Autopilot has worked continuously, without a hitch, on both my Inspire 1 Raw and Mavic for a long time.
I believe (going off of other people experiences) that there is a much steeper learning curve with Autopilot, however, as I said I haven't had any experience with litchi.

We can also speak very highly of Autopilot. We have used it a ton. Hangar continues to enhance the offering and are doing a great job. Happy to help provide specific insight on particular flight modes you are primarily looking to use.

Reactions: CoC
Thanks. Mostly interested in Waypoint missions.

Waypoint mode is definitely one of AutoPilot’s strongest suits. You can keep missions as simple as they need to be or dive into more complexity with the advanced customization. I do not think it will disappoint. Unfortunately I can’t provide a whole lot of direct comparison with Litchi and it’s always been AutoPilot that we’ve used in certain occasions around here for about 3 years.

Waypoint mode is definitely one of AutoPilot’s strongest suits. You can keep missions as simple as they need to be or dive into more complexity with the advanced customization. I do not think it will disappoint. Unfortunately I can’t provide a whole lot of direct comparison with Litchi and it’s always been AutoPilot that we’ve used in certain occasions around here for about 3 years.
Unless I'm missing something, Litchi has a big drawback for the Inspire: You can't aim the camera separately from the drone. What I really like to do is record a mission by flying and setting waypoints, then run it.

Would Autopilot run on an Inspire 1 v 2.0? I see it as a huge design flaw that you have a camera that can rotate 360 but only if you've got 4 hands.

Reactions: Advexure
Unless I'm missing something, Litchi has a big drawback for the Inspire: You can't aim the camera separately from the drone. What I really like to do is record a mission by flying and setting waypoints, then run it.

Yes with AutoPilot you can set your camera triggers along the flight path which will control your camera operation. The "interpolation" feature is your friend when using camera triggers which helps to achieve smooth, swift, fluid gimbal movement as the aircraft travels along the flight patch with camera triggers moving from one trigger to the next.

Would Autopilot run on an Inspire 1 v 2.0? I see it as a huge design flaw that you have a camera that can rotate 360 but only if you've got 4 hands.

Yes, no problem with I1 V2.0. We've run it a fair amount on AutoPilot using the X5.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
What do you think of the iPad Mini 4? According to Autopilot site it has GPS and barometer. I have an iPad Mini 2 that works ok for now.

Don’t have any direct insight on the Mini 4 running AutoPilot but know many users that use it for GO4 as well as XT Pro. Downsides are brightness and battery life. iPad Mini 2 I would think is on the fence...have heard frustrations running the Mini 2 with GO4. Processing power is maxed which leads to pretty limited battery operation time and potential overheating depending on your ambient temp.

Reactions: roblevine
Don’t have any direct insight on the Mini 4 running AutoPilot but know many users that use it for GO4 as well as XT Pro. Downsides are brightness and battery life. iPad Mini 2 I would think is on the fence...have heard frustrations running the Mini 2 with GO4. Processing power is maxed which leads to pretty limited battery operation time and potential overheating depending on your ambient temp.
Wow thanks for your expertise. Yes I'm having some issues with the Mini 2 :) If you don't mind - what about the current iPad like this: iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular 32GB - Silver

Reactions: Advexure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stonecentreaus