Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Bad Motor Bearing Causing Jello?

Reaction score
I picked up a used Inspire over the weekend, and I am pretty sure the bearings are going out in one of the motors. The bird flies ok, but the one motor seems underpowered. I ordered ceramic hybrids from Boca Bearings to do all four motors. My main concern is that the video coming from the X3 is complete jello. Is it likely that my bad motor is causing the problem, or did I end up with a bad gimbal too?

This is a answer that could be way out there......but......I recently had many issues with my I1x5, mostly bad video transmission and a vibration in the gimbal area that was causing jello in my video. Wasn't all the time but enough to be a pain. I thought my rig needed to go back as a worse case scenario. So I had to try an FW update. It corrected the problems I was having, but I have only tested it at my home location..:)

Yeah a firmware update and calibrations was my first move, but after some further investigation last night, the whole bird has some serious vibrations running through it. I am hoping some new bearings will fix the problem. If not, then I must have a rogue esc. The airframe seems to be stable and secure from a structures standpoint. Will update the thread after the bearings have been replaced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeganSugde