Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Battery Charging Topic

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by Outta Control, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Outta Control

2. Jason Mezinko

Indeed. I'm very curious how Bob will setup his charge station. You wouldn't happen to have the link to his post on RCG would you? Having a bit of trouble finding.
    Thanks

3. Daniel Mascheck

I want to know the power source he is purchasing. The detailed electronics make sense, but then I'm not an electrical engineer!!

4. Daniel Mascheck

How did you find out this was the supply he will use? I wonder how many batteries you can charge with this unit. Sure would like to see a prototype and know it is safe to use!

I really wish someone would come up with a unit that can charge several batteries, both flight controllers and both IPads simultaneously. You end up with a nightmare of wires to charge all this stuff!

While I can wire electrical for houses or switches and panels for 440 3 phase, electronics like this I am lost. I'm glad there are folks that are in the know!

5. Jason Mezinko

tuxevil likes this.
  6. sirnikolas

7. Daniel Mascheck

Looks good, but I wonder how hot it gets! I need to read the specs and seem what amp load it can take. Wish there was something to charge both IPads, controllers and batteries all at once! Oh I also have the Cinemizer goggles!

I wonder if they ship to the states!?

8. Kilrah

It is made in the states... see the first link.

9. Daniel Mascheck

I need to see some specs to make sure it will do all it says. the batteries aren't cheap and I would hate to ruin several!

10. InspiredOne

I followed that thread. A says this, B says that and C says something else. :confused:

I'm going to play it safe and use the DJI power supply for the DJI batteries. Seems to me the most prudent thing to do, on many levels.

EDIT: In the description of the "SmartPower Charger" it says: "Set em in, turn it ON and forget it!" That doesn't strike me as being too smart, based on what I've read.

#11 InspiredOne, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  11. Mazz

Mazz Moderator
    Staff Member

Especially since this thing looks so big. I have three chargers and they take up half the space, weight 1/4 as much, and cost the same thing.

12. InspiredOne

13. huppe

Yeap i followed this too.Bob has ended this thread,so no more info about this.

14. Daniel Mascheck

15. Daniel Mascheck

Reading Bob's thread, the amp rating is the key. The low amperage rating of the BJI unit is barely adequate. If I can get the company to send back the stats, it will help me decide.

I was told it has ports for my two IPads and both controllers. Sure would make it simple to have one devic do all!