Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
The volume of the the original battery slot can allow maybe up to 6000-6500mah battery to be fitted inside in nowadays LiPo technology.

I am intending to use several packs bigger, so that space has no use for me.
You are right. Buy adding a larger amont of mah and to display exactlly what the actual battery info in real time are to brake though their board and reprogram it. Keep us post with your testing

TP 7000 LiHV should fit exactly and is my plan

You are not planning to charge them to their full voltage right ? 6S 4.35V per cell will be 26.1V, AC must have that tolerativity to handle that voltage but not sure about wear and tear.

I heard about that batteries in 2014 @ Nurnberg Toy Fair when we had the meeting with Charlie Wang, unbelievable guy. He said I will change the per cell voltage standard widely known in the world as I created 4.2V standard in the world.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Reactions: Phatzo
You are not planning to charge them to their full voltage right ? 6S 4.35V per cell will be 26.1V, AC must have that tolerativity to handle that voltage but not sure about wear and tear.

I heard about that batteries in 2014 @ Nurnberg Toy Fair when we had the meeting with Charlie Wang, unbelievable guy. He said I will change the per cell voltage standard widely known in the world as I created 4.2V standard in the world.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Yes, DJI TB47 and TB48 batteries are LiHV. 26.1V is full voltage.

Last edited:

Believe me they really do not reach that voltage per cell when charged with original charger through the smart circuit.

But that LiHV connected to the circuit and charging with the usual way it should be fine.

I placed already an order for :
2700x4
3500x2
Tp820HVC
Power supply
Hope will bring me to the best results
I still didn't received my bracket , since two weeks , tell something to NIel you friend .
Must say very interesting thread, learn a lot from you guys.

Reactions: damoncooper
Believe me they really do not reach that voltage per cell when charged with original charger through the smart circuit.

But that LiHV connected to the circuit and charging with the usual way it should be fine.

I get 26V, so pretty close. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454763174.679606.jpg

Yeah, just waiting for the TP boys to build and ship my 7000 now :)

Last edited:
I placed already an order for :
2700x4
3500x2
Tp820HVC
Power supply
Hope will bring me to the best results
I still didn't received my bracket , since two weeks , tell something to NIel you friend .
Must say very interesting thread, learn a lot from you guys.

I'll poke him for ya

View attachment 6272 View attachment 6273 View attachment 6274

Started to load test on the bench to find out if it is going to be efficient or not...

Looking good. I think this patch-in-a-pack approach vs replace-all-the-cells approach is simpler and preferred.

Keep the updates coming!

One of my challenges will be to map the proprietary TP HV balance lead to the DJI lead, but hopefully it'll be obvious.

Did you keep the temp sensor? I don't see it there? Without that connected and reading >11.5C the motors won't arm. At least on latest FW.

Last edited:
Reactions: alan brooks
I was just about the share information about the temp sensor :)

I will keep it but; will not be sticked to the battery/ies.

The temp sensor must be fooled or need to be kept around 20C degrees or because of DJI's algorithm bird may fall from the sky in cold conditions even though in 1.6 it is happening.

Also charging is a problem in cold temperatures, battery is giving error.

So I decided to find a good spot to stick the sensor :) Which will be on the circuit.... but where to keep it around 20-25C

Then comes the thermal handy :) I have taken shots of the circuit when it was under load test this came out

Lower right edge (Photo is upside down taken) of the circuit will be my spot for sticking the sensor...

IMG_3978.JPG

Looking good. I think this patch-in-a-pack approach vs replace-all-the-cells approach is simpler and preferred.

Keep the updates coming!

One of my challenges will be to map the proprietary TP HV balance led to the DJI lead, but hopefully it'll be obvious.

Did you keep the temp sensor? I don't see it there? Without that connected and reading >11.5C the motors won't arm. At least on latest FW.

You can use my solder points in the photos as an example to have your female balancer port soldered :)

Yeah just need to decipher what TP has done to their leads. Apparently it's not a standard 6S balance connector.

In the photo they seem be using regular JST/XH not their old TP connectors so can be same...

TP7000-6SHV_D.jpg

If it is not;

rcheli-diagram-6s_TP_to_JST.png

or;

71zkTgrZDHL._SL1500_.jpg

i wonder, would TP be able or try to put a 7000 mah into an inspire battery cage when shippend to them? since they make the packs they could custom make them to fit the inspire battery with the balanceboard... no?
damon any chance to ask?
i would send them an empty battery cage with top and pcb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i wonder, would TP be able or try to put a 7000 mah into an inspire battery cage when shippend to them? since they make the packs they could custom make them to fit the inspire battery with the balanceboard... no?
damon any chance to ask?
i would send them an empty battery cage with top and pcb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's what I was told:

"The new high voltage TP batteries have an internal resistor, so the 6 cell batteries balance plug has 8 pins, like a 7 cell lipo battery."

Which is fine by me since I don't intend on modifying the TP battery at all (at least not now).

So I may pick up a female 8S balance connector so I can then wire the cell-connected wires to the DJI board, leaving the LiHV resister wire(s) unused.

Just want to post a bit of info

Be aware there may be is some protection in the FW that locks the battery out if it detects the battery is unsafe for use, someone was playing with a P3 in a custom frame and separated the battery electronics and it was working but something changed and it locked him out and was never able to arm again with that battery.

He was using the electronic with an Xt60 if I remember, we never got to the bottom of exactly what triggered it but one it was locked that that it.

This may not be in the Inspire FW but wanted to just make you aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxtimber