Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damon, have you "finalized" your battery build or are you still experimenting some? I wasn't going to build mine until you were through tweaking. :)

Phase one is pretty much complete. I'm bumping up against the limitation of the DJI battery at this point. When it hits 10%, the flight is over, regardless of how much capacity remains in external batteries.

Working on that

Last edited:
Reactions: Terry Lowe
Phase one is pretty much complete. I'm bumping up against the limitation of the DJI battery at this point. When it hits 10%, the mig is over, regardless of how much capacity remains in external batteries.

Working on that
please excuse my ignorance but is mig a typo or an abreveation of "migration"
maybe the dumbest question on the thread but i really need to know :D LOL

cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just test flew with batteries mounted to the rear and still no change in behavior...back to the drawing board! lol
I can now say with a fair amount of certainty that my I1 just doesn't like the extra weight in gps mode..these items were closest in weight to the tp2700's and it behaved identically (with stock battery btw) to the way it did with the battery mod..;)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 52
I can now say with a fair amount of certainty that my I1 just doesn't like the extra weight in gps mode..these items were closest in weight to the tp2700's and it behaved identically (with stock battery btw) to the way it did with the battery mod..;)

Thanks for the data point at least. How old is your I1?

Have you used compressed air on your motors/vacuumed them out? Have you checked temp on your motors after flight to see if they are roughly the same and only slightly warm to touch? FW1.6? Flying with battery temps in the 20C-40C range?

Thanks for the data point at least. How old is your I1?

Have you used compressed air on your motors/vacuumed them out? Have you checked temp on your motors after flight to see if they are roughly the same and only slightly warm to touch? FW1.6? Flying with battery temps in the 20C-40C range?
It will be a year old next month..motors and (everything else) have been cleaned and properly maintained and yes, they are cool to the touch after flight.
FW 1.6 and battery temps are in the 20-40c range. Was twitchy in gps mode and flew fine in atti just the same as it did with the mod...
I am at an altitude of 6200ft and average temps are about 45f outside. May be going dow to sea level later this week..if I do I will test down there to see if air density is a factor with the gps and extra weight.

Last edited:
In fact I can basically only fly in gps as my bird has skates in att mode and I've tried to recal many times . Mod or reg batt same deal it takes off to the left at 5 mph so when I'm shooting I have to be in gps. I mostly do a programed orbit ariund a fixed point.

In fact I can basically only fly in gps as my bird has skates in att mode and I've tried to recal many times . Mod or reg batt same deal it takes off to the left at 5 mph so when I'm shooting I have to be in gps. I mostly do a programed orbit ariund a fixed point.
Hmm.. that's odd! I need to become a better pilot in atti mode anyway so if that's what I'm stuck with, maybe it's a good thing! I hope to get outta the mountains this thursday and if I have time, I'll test at sea level..would be cool if thin air is my issue!

It will be a year old next month..motors and (everything else) have been cleaned and properly maintained and yes, they are cool to the touch after flight.
FW 1.6 and battery temps are in the 20-40c range. Was twitchy in gps mode and flew fine in atti just the same as it did with the mod...
I am at an altitude of 6200ft and average temps are about 45f outside. May be going dow to sea level later this week..if I do I will test down there to see if air density is a factor with the gps and extra weight.

Ah. Altitude could be a factor. 14x4.8 props or DJI 13-inch? The greater pitch 14's or the DJI high altitude props might be needed. Have you ever seen a message about max motor speed reached?

Last edited:
Ah. Altitude could be a factor. 14x4.8 props or DJI 13-inch? The great pitch 14's or the DJI high altitude props might be needed. Have you ever seen a message about max motor speed reached?
I have never seen that message before..I've had no issues with the t motor 14x4.8, love these props!
I'm no expert but it would seem like the 14x4.8's and dji high altitude would have similar characteristics?
Would be interesting to find out...won't know anything until it's been flown at sea level though...

It flies with the same props at same alt in atti or Gps. Flies ok in atti and not in gps? Airs thinner at6k and density alt higher in ca given higher temps. Prop performance degrades but in both modes
Air density up here vs.sea level is night and day, also we don't have high temps here (lake tahoe) in the winter! lol
I have about 700 skydives so I know a little bit about density altitude...and how temperature effects it.
We'll find out thursday hopefully!:)

It flies with the same props at same alt in atti or Gps. Flies ok in atti and not in gps? Airs thinner at6k and density alt higher in ca given higher temps. Prop performance degrades but in both modes
Flies great in all modes with no payload...average temps are 45f during the day lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mb920questions