Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats how I mount mine. Sweet spot seems to be the yellow Zippy 2200 35C. Obviously less flight time than with the Multistar, but with 5200/6600 additional mah its a bit on the heavy side.

Is it just me or a product of the rolling shutter on the camera used to take those two photos, but there looks to be a crazy amount of flex on those props Fanti.

Looks like it could be a still to me, shutter speed not quite enough to quite freeze the props (guessing - shot at 1/500 or so).

If I'm right, I'll take some pics before and after..... That does looks too much flex to me.

So yesterday was a sad day for my Inspire. It bit the dust. :(.

I was out to test what I could get for flight time on the TP LiHV 3500's (2 of them). This is not the first time I have flown these, the third time and I have also the TP 2700's that I have flown with several times also.

I took off and everything was really good weather was 15 C, with maybe only about a slight breeze of wind at about 10:30pm. So I hovered for about 6 mins then decided to take off to a nearby plant and take a photo, did that, headed out a little further to about 1.3 km then turned around and on the way back it was fine then all of a sudden I see the gimbal go face down and then I look up and it is spiralling towards the ground and was done in about 3-4 seconds. I race over to it thinking I might have to put out a fire with the extra batteries on there but no it pretty much non salvageable except for the 15mm lens. I am not 100% sure what went wrong. It had just about 300 flights on it. Never had any issues with it. I have been using the Tiger motor props 14x4.8 with the STO adapters for about the last 50 flights with no issues so I am not sure it was a prop. My thinking is there were some power lines where it was and on the way back with all the added weight it probably lost altitude very quickly then hit a power line. I am not sure and probably will never know.

I need to order a new one but I am not sure if I should hold out for a new inspire but my gut is telling me don't wait just get a new one, I have got lots of extra batteries that I need to use ;)

I know its kinda a stray away from the topic but I want to say that I am almost certain it was not the battery mod that had anything to do with the crash other than it lost altitude which is what I am thinking but will never know for sure.

Bit late at the party here, but could this be down to excessive flex on the props due to extra weight?.... Seeing the pictures above?

Bit late at the party here, but could this be down to excessive flex on the props due to extra weight?.... Seeing the pictures above?

No, he was on CF props and lost a prop due to STO adapter failure. Here is his account:

7259c0fbbc2083df377947e98e54dcab.jpg

Yes I would never ever recommend the STO adapters to anyone as I was 100% positive they were tight and well it came loose and flew off. I think the STO adapters should have reverse threads for the 2 opposite props which they don't. I always wondered about this but they seemed to do fine until that last flight.

My new Inspire pro arrives today with the Lynh Phan adapters and props.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: damoncooper
Seven batteries modded this evening - what a chore!
Broke the Aero3D battery bracket just 'testing' flexibility, "press, ping, fck!" Held together with araldite now.
Just looking to get a few more minutes, long enough to cover wakeboard sets.
Trying some Turnigy 1.5's tomorrow, weather permitting.

Great thread everyone--super informative.

Does anyone else have any extra info on the wires being soldered directly to the board instead of the battery? Seems this would allow you to basically just use extra batteries with any of the DJI battery packs. Does DJI sell that battery board separately as a replacement part?

I was about to order the FlyHigh modded TB48 but I live overseas and am not sure I can get the battery shipped here without it being super expensive.

If you've done this mod directly to the bird, could you let us know some more information? What wires you used, I saw 12G but am wondering if we could get away with less?

Thanks everyone!

Great thread everyone--super informative.

Does anyone else have any extra info on the wires being soldered directly to the board instead of the battery? Seems this would allow you to basically just use extra batteries with any of the DJI battery packs. Does DJI sell that battery board separately as a replacement part?

I was about to order the FlyHigh modded TB48 but I live overseas and am not sure I can get the battery shipped here without it being super expensive.

If you've done this mod directly to the bird, could you let us know some more information? What wires you used, I saw 12G but am wondering if we could get away with less?

Thanks everyone!

FDR Mods is now doing aircraft side mods I believe.

and that one is not good???

See the posts above where the aircraft was lost due to adapter failure/coming off. Their threading for all four adapters are CW only. Active braking can cause (and probably was the cause) of one of the props spinning off.

I think I ordered the wrong tp batts.
2700mah 25c 3s x 2.
Is this wrong?

Yes if any of you have these STO prop adapters I highly advise to stop using them, they may seem good but I definitely think it is due to all adapters having CW thread and then active braking made on come loose. Just once is all it takes and boom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: damoncooper
The amazingtech adapters are properly threaded with CW and CCW threads on their respective adapters. They're also anodized red for CCW and dark grey for CW props.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    912.5 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.