Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Thunder Power regular and LiHV. 2700mah 25C 6S or 3300's are good with an X3.

A single Multistar 5300 or 6600 6S LiHV are also good choices for an X3.

For X5/R use a lighter barrier like an 1800
Thank your for your kind reply...but which one more longer flighting time between Multistar 5300 and 6600 for X3.
Kindly let me know both flightime ,,,, but no just horvering time.

:) all good Raph
You know Damon, I'm so forsterite with my practice, since I got my black bird, I never fly it (two months) , changed one motor, bad weather never stops raining here in Paris.
Everything I'm doing, is in theory, did't checked flight time with the aux also. Hopefully will change this, meanwhile I'm learning a lot from you and from this forum, that's gives me a lot of knowledge, and feel a big sorry that I can't give back for you and for all the excellent members on this forum. Hopefully will change soon.

Reactions: Lee Sang Koo
It is about same, mutistarones and Thinder ones Ya?

Correct: one Multistar 5200 6S LiHV is about the same flight time (within a minute or two) as two ThunderPower 2700 6S 25C.

A Multistar 6600 6S LiHV is roughly the same as two TP 3500 LiHV 6S but weight starts to impact flight time negatively in this weight range.

Note the above are for carrying an X3.

X5/R is much heavier and thus weight begins to negatively affect flight time around 4400mah (vs around 6500-7000 for X3-carrying aircraft).

Which means you have to use smaller mah batteries for optimal flight time, and Mac flight time will be less obviously (around 25min vs 30 for the X3 setup).

For comparison sake, I am still getting 26 minutes using the X5 (not X5r) with a single multistar 6600. I have at least 20 flights like this now. Normal flying; no hovering.

In a separate issue, I've noticed on a few occasions that I get a notification that my motors have hit their max rotational speed. I know the V2 motors have a higher KV value and have considered going to them, but I don't want to lose the extra torque of the lower KV motors. I'm assuming it is the added weight of the Multistar that is causing my motors to hit maximum speed. Anyone know if the new motors are compatible with the old speed controls? It is only like 70KV more, but I thought I would ask. Can't seem to find that information anywhere. Buying the V2 motors alone would be very cheap as opposed to getting the speed controls as well.

Reactions: damoncooper
For comparison sake, I am still getting 26 minutes using the X5 (not X5r) with a single multistar 6600. I have at least 20 flights like this now. Normal flying; no hovering.

In a separate issue, I've noticed on a few occasions that I get a notification that my motors have hit their max rotational speed. I know the V2 motors have a higher KV value and have considered going to them, but I don't want to lose the extra torque of the lower KV motors. I'm assuming it is the added weight of the Multistar that is causing my motors to hit maximum speed. Anyone know if the new motors are compatible with the old speed controls? It is only like 70KV more, but I thought I would ask. Can't seem to find that information anywhere. Buying the V2 motors alone would be very cheap as opposed to getting the speed controls as well.
do you have V1 or V2?

do you have V1 or V2?

I have the V1, so the 350KV motors as opposed to the 420KV. I know there are some out there that get weary about changing to different motors while still using the same esc's, but I've changed to different motors countless times before on many other UAV's with wide ranging KV levels while still using the same speed controls. I'd like to change to the V2 motors, but I won't if for some reason there is some crazy mechanism that prevents the V1 speed controls from working with the V2 motors.

Hey Everybody.

I've read it all.
And these over 70 pages are filled with the most constructive postings ever.
So thanks for the good read. I've learned a lot along the way.

I am planning on buying an Inspire 1 Pro X5 mostly for aerial photography and panoramas.
As you all I do not like drones falling out of the blue due to battery failure and also of course short flight times. So I want to apply the battery-mod right from the start.

I presume that the 3d-printed battery holder from Neil will get in the way when I am doing 360 Panoramas. Is that correct?
What would be the best solution for this?
* dual plate with the batteries mounted on the upper side?
* one big Multistar on the rear side behind the TB48? (bad position because of balance?)
* rotate the bird instead of the gimbal? but I would like to avoid this...
* something else?

Your help is appreciated.

Best regards from Germany...
Christian

Hey Everybody.

I've read it all.
And these over 70 pages are filled with the most constructive postings ever.
So thanks for the good read. I've learned a lot along the way.

I am planning on buying an Inspire 1 Pro X5 mostly for aerial photography and panoramas.
As you all I do not like drones falling out of the blue due to battery failure and also of course short flight times. So I want to apply the battery-mod right from the start.

I presume that the 3d-printed battery holder from Neil will get in the way when I am doing 360 Panoramas. Is that correct?
What would be the best solution for this?
* dual plate with the batteries mounted on the upper side?
* one big Multistar on the rear side behind the TB48? (bad position because of balance?)
* rotate the bird instead of the gimbal? but I would like to avoid this...
* something else?

Your help is appreciated.

Best regards from Germany...
Christian

Check this out. This is alternative way to hold the battery.
Today I have made another one to hold the extra battery Go underneath, the thickness can allow the VPS to stay, so it still can be function while I am not flying with extra battery. But when I am flying with the extra I will have off the VPS before I fly it out.

Attachments

• 20151222_131156.jpg
    20151222_131156.jpg
    725.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG-20160701-WA0055.jpeg
    IMG-20160701-WA0055.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG-20160701-WA0034.jpeg
    IMG-20160701-WA0034.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Status