Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, just 3M dual-lock and transverse mounted, probably the most basic solution:

View attachment 9267

3M DL rocks.

I made a small mount and moved it forward for better CoG:

ef918646858746b46e107edb84e5e9d9.jpg

7672bcc191efc2cf2b5ceb7622805e40.jpg

Reactions: Raphael Dahan
3M DL rocks.

Nice, I may try that, although I didn't find the rear mounting to really affect flight much (I am guessing this causes the rear motors to work harder than the front though). My priority is to maximize the camera's view rearwards. With the rear mount, I can still get shots pointed down a little without the battery being in the way.

Extra info for those who are contemplating this mod: I've tested mine side to side by rolling in one direction full throttle and then immediately reversing and going full throttle the other way. Bird screams as it changeds the directions and tilts some gnarly ~60 degrees from horizontal but doesn't seem to struggle at all. Front/back sudden reverse is more violent and both manoeuvres will also cause the gimbal to bottom out.

I've also managed to solder directly to the AC, the trick to getting enough space to solder the battery board is to undo the motor wire grommets and gently pull more wire out. You can get enough slack to rotate the entire battery board 90 degrees either way to solder your wires.

Phew! That is a big battery! I thought the 6600s were big! What is the weight difference between 8000 and 6600, Damon?

3M DL rocks.

ef918646858746b46e107edb84e5e9d9.jpg

7672bcc191efc2cf2b5ceb7622805e40.jpg
DL doesnt really rock. Lost 2 batteries while flying. They just fell off. Looking for alternatives but havent found one yet.

Last edited:
DL doesnt really rock. Lost 2 batteries while flying. They just fell off. Looking for alternatives but havent found one yet.

Fanti, I consider myself in the middle of this discussion. I am very impressed with the Dual Lock, but I wanted more redundancy, so I set up my mount to also use reuseable zipties. So far, it has worked perfectly for me.

Really? Can I ask how you had them mounted? If you have > 2 square inches of surface where the mount is 90 degrees to gravity there should be no way they can come off.

I can literally turn the aircraft upside down and hold it by the battery and shake it hard and it holds solid.

Were you using the 250 stems per square inch versions?

Really? Can I ask how you had them mounted? If you have > 2 square inches of surface where the mount is 90 degrees to gravity there should be no way they can come off.

I can literally turn the aircraft upside down and hold it by the battery and shake it hard and it holds solid.

Were you using the 250 stems per square inch versions?
I mount it like that. See pic. Thats about the most area you can give. Even took vps off. Am using the 3550 version. Whatever stems that is.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    622 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: emtea
I mount it like that. See pic. Thats about the most area you can give. Even took vps off. Am using the 3550 version. Whatever stems that is.

3550 should be the 250 type. Ashy chance the battery wasn't secured with the hard "snap!" Indicates it's fully and completely locked? Sometimes I've thought it was fully locked but a double check will produce a second "snap!", indicating part of the surface area wasn't completely locked together.

3550 should be the 250 type. Ashy chance the battery wasn't secured with the hard "snap!" Indicates it's fully and completely locked? Sometimes I've thought it was fully locked but a double check will produce a second "snap!", indicating part of the surface area wasn't completely locked together.

Damon, I hear you on the "snap" part. I've definitely gone back and pushed a second time only to hear it pop together a bit more. Either way, I've noticed it has weakened over time since being new. I think mine could still hold up a battery on its own, I'm just too worried that I could lose the battery mid air.

It was definitely snapped in fully. Always double and triple check that. Could be that it weakens over time. Another theory is that due the Inspire flying in waves with a heavy payload as this, (it flies like a boat running over waves, you don t really see it unless you look closely) that that weakens the snap. Bets thing would be a 3D printed mount, placed under the middle of the aircraft. But where to find such a mount ??

It was definitely snapped in fully. Always double and triple check that. Could be that it weakens over time. Another theory is that due the Inspire flying in waves with a heavy payload as this, (it flies like a boat running over waves, you don t really see it unless you look closely) that that weakens the snap. Bets thing would be a 3D printed mount, placed under the middle of the aircraft. But where to find such a mount ??

Definitely would be interested in a mount for that spot. Something simple and perpendicular to the front to rear line of the bird. Anyone good at simple CAD?

Also, does anyone know of a way to get the bird into storage mode without the VPS?

Reactions: RDTech
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu