Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
the compete carborn set weight are 40g, the alloy U channel weight 10g than the original tubes. so it is around 50g more.

As show on the picture, the batteries are very close to the centre line of the inspire.
it is under the arms so it is more easy to change batteries comparing to the bracket under the main unit .
I will do a flight test this afternoon.

Attachments

• 20151222_132002.jpg
    20151222_132002.jpg
    745.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 20151222_131156.jpg
    20151222_131156.jpg
    725.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
With the landing gear up can you still pan the camera 360 without see these batteries and supports?
are you talking to me?
are talking about the bracket underneath the body one or the arms one? If you are on about the arms one, I think still can be see if your camera till up to 130°

I was referring to the carbon fiber brackets on the arm whether or not they get in the way of the camera been able to pan 360° without showing the arms
no problem at all when I turn the camera 360° at normal horizontal, but it is still can be seen when I till up.

I love the concept as you can adjust the forward in FC G easily I was unable to connect to that link that you provided on the Chinese eBay to purchase them can you relist it

I was was able to find them on Ebay here, which shipping from China:

Lightweight Landing Gear Enhancer Handheld Release Bracket Stand f DJI Inspire 1

My only hesitation is, are the motors for the retractable arms strong enough to support lifting the additional weight in the long term?

Last edited:
One would think the added weight would wear the cords which are attached to the motors and legs. Only time will tell! However I do like the option of being able to grab the drone out of the air with the added legs . I have used the gorilla double sided tape and an inch of that stuff is very hard to pull the battery off the bird ! You have to twist and pull. I think zip ties could also be used to attached to landing legs and are easy enough to cut off and replace. I'm open to trying any ideas and combining them. I hope this fuel cell proves to be affordable as two hours sound great to me. Have to find Sd cards that can hold such data!

Alright guys what at I missing?..Did the XT60 extra connector soldering job out of the I1battery. Got 2 3s 5200 MAH 10c batteries. All batteries are charged up. Power on the inspire, then I plug in the two 3s batteries and the inspire shuts down. The battery goes dark, and the rear LED of the I1 turns red. I know that the wires inside the battery are done correct. When I turn on the battery I can measure the volts by the XT60 connector. What am i missing here?

Alright guys what at I missing?..Did the XT60 extra connector soldering job out of the I1battery. Got 2 3s 5200 MAH 10c batteries. All batteries are charged up. Power on the inspire, then I plug in the two 3s batteries and the inspire shuts down. The battery goes dark, and the rear LED of the I1 turns red. I know that the wires inside the battery are done correct. When I turn on the battery I can measure the volts by the XT60 connector. What am i missing here?

The two 3S need to be connected in series with a series connector and then the series connector to the TB4X.

Make sure you turn on the TB4X first, then connect the aux batteries. Reverse on shutdown.

Damon...which series connector are you using? is its just the 3s that have to be in series? or does the 6s also go in series?

Damon is he trying to run 4 aux batteries or two. At this point with two 5200 ma batteries he's almost doubling the t48! Then adding more? To many ma for the unit and the circuitry shutting it down . Not to mention the weight.

Who me?..I'm just adding two 3s 5200MAH 10c Lipos. But I had the configuration wrong and was getting the shut down since they were hooked in parallel. I know that the 3s have to now be in series, but if I order 6s batteries are those hooked in series as well?

Damon...which series connector are you using? is its just the 3s that have to be in series? or does the 6s also go in series?

XT60 series connector harness is what you want to use 3S batteries. Hobby king or Amazon have em.

If connecting a 6S, just plug it in. If connecting two 6S's, add another plug to your TB4X OR get a parallel XT60 connection harness.

Why would 6s be in series they are already 22.2 v?

That is why I posed the question. It is not listed in any place the different in the 3s and the 6s batteries being in series or parallel. I'm asking the question. If you don have any information to put towards the discussion don't reply.

Description
The item is a parallel Y connection cable, which has one male XT60 and 2 female XT60 connections, and is designed to hook up two batteries for DJI Phantom for longer flying time and more flexible battery mounting position.

Features
- Color: as shown in the pictures.
- Material: durable hard plastic.
- 100% brand new and high quality XT60 Parallel Battery Connector Cable Dual Extension Y Splitter.
- Best used with the parallel battery mount for DJI Phantom.
- To hook up two batteries for DJI Phantom for longer flying time and more flexible battery mounting position.
- Features one male XT60 and 2 female XT60 connections.
- Warning: 1. Make sure the wire is welded red to red and black to black. 2. Connect both batteries to the adapter first and then connect it to the phantom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristiFar