Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure which item you're asking about but you need to match 3S's in series to create a virtual 6S battery (22.2V), as that's what the Inspire uses. You risk destroying your 3S batteries and causing an explosion or fire if you connect them directly to the 22.2V TB4X.

Summary: bad juju.

Why turn connect after turning on main battery? The aircraft will receive power otherwise without the smart circuitry in the TB4X battery alive and responding to the aircraft and the aircraft will throw a battery error, thinking its a fake DJI battery or something has gone very very wrong with the main battery since it isn't responding.

Connect aux batteries last on startup, disconnect first on shutdown.

Hope that helps. Don't blow up your house :)

it did help. thank you. to write on an iphone 5s sucks sometimes :D I was just curious about the battery / electronics overall. not totally two left handed in this matter. but I got the point you mentioned. thanks

Reactions: damoncooper
Anyone else have issues mounting the " landing handrail" ? I was going to use the brackets to possible mount a battery on each side rather then just wire tie them but the holes are not big enough to fit over the socket in the landing leg after you take out the factory Allen head? Did you guys drills them out ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    780.5 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
Anyone else have issues mounting the " landing handrail" ? I was going to use the brackets to possible mount a battery on each side rather then just wire tie them but the holes are not big enough to fit over the socket in the landing leg after you take out the factory Allen head? Did you guys drills them out ?

My latest mounting solution in process....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451505605.372783.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1451505664.546086.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451505684.305596.jpg

Here's two more cents worth: I turned the brackets upside down and used the round clamps to mount the brackets to the landing gear! That way I can slide them aft and fore to adjust CG as well as adjust for different battery lengths . This weighs less then 10 grams for all four brackets and I can either make a bottom piece as others have done or simply use a wire tie which weighs almost nothing and attach battery to it. I may play with rotating brackets on top of bar if prop clearance allows. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I love the look of this Damon, when are you going to let me buy one? ;)

Working with Neil Watts to dial it in. He's a 3D printing guru able to create stuff with the latest printers and compounds that rivals carbon fiber in terms of tensile strength, weight and heat resistance.

He sells stuff at very reasonable prices (barely above his cost), he ships anywhere and I'm just helping him come up with designing and refining a few ideas like this.

Almost there. Version 4 on the way to me now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, I'm curious how it will fit on the Inspire with the updated vibration mounting board.

Thanks for the update, I'm curious how it will fit on the Inspire with the updated vibration mounting board.

Yeah that's the next challenge. This is the X3 version. I believe we can kill it with the X5 plate as well though, as I think I already know how that can work without touching the damper board.

Cool. Be curious to see how this will attach to x5? I'm guessing you can slide batteries forward or back for balance? Might be another option other the these brackets I'm working with or just using wire ties. Did you get your 2800 batteries yet? Did you see the parallel charging plate I posted? My real flight times with the 2800 were not as good as just hover.

Cool. Be curious to see how this will attach to x5? I'm guessing you can slide batteries forward or back for balance? Might be another option other the these brackets I'm working with or just using wire ties. Did you get your 2800 batteries yet? Did you see the parallel charging plate I posted? My real flight times with the 2800 were not as good as just hover.

Yeah saw the parallel charging board. 2800 batteries inbound :). Yeah I expect less flight time with forward flight than near ground hover for sure. But you can take advantage of translational lift (wiki that one) with optimal forward flight angle to get better numbers. My personal goals go beyond flight time alone though. I want to first find the optimal battery solution, then find the optimal flight time/distance with instrumented real time power consumption.

Then (all who enter here with 333's, certifications or ppl's turn back now), to ultimately optimize for flight distance.

To that end, I'll probably move to my next stage beyond battery mod optimization after reaching 30+min flight time in ground effect hover.

I have not played with limiting the stickbcontrols or reduced power settings. I generally try to fly smooth and not like a fighter jock. Besides we've been warned of the fragil nature of the metal gimbal mount on the x5. So I try not to add g forces to the mount. I'd like to see what the fuel cell costs?

Reactions: damoncooper
Latest iteration of mount. This time with 3M Dual Lock. Rated for 1.5lb per square inch for 10000 hours at up to 200F.

I can lift the Inspire by a single battery yet get them off in 2-3 seconds to load the next set. Much more practical for everyday use.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451594123.874058.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451594134.320474.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451594144.292732.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451594154.681055.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451594164.817724.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451594174.339748.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1451594182.879751.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adidasCampusShoes