Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have succesfully achieved 33mins of flight time and possibility to go higher but there are some issues.

First of all, not possible with DJI props. 14x4.8 T-Motor needs to be mounted on... and also adapters which are not easily available around.

Secondly, building the battery costs a little much; around the same amount as 2 x TB48 cost. I still not decided is it going to be logical to make a battery costs that much compared to having 2 seperate TB48s which can offer around 22+22mins total.

Cells being used needs to be having the same capacity and inner resistance to give you the best flight time, also they need to be connected directly cell to cell to create 6s3p config. That is the keypoint.

I have designed a new battery case easier for everyone to use. Can be mounted directly to AC slot and can be charged directly from original charger...
Could you post pictures of your work? Are you saying, you get more run time by connecting on the other side of the board like in the picture I posted? I was also thinking maybe connecting to both sides with a diode on the lead going directly to the pack side negative so you wouldn't back feed and have the Inspire 1 turn on as soon as you insert the battery and still have your auxiliary battery work in case of Inspire battery shutdown, does that seem like a doable theory, If some could figure out the specs of a diode to use I would try it. I posted a second picture of what I'm suggesting.

Attachments

• Battery Mod 100.jpg
    Battery Mod 100.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 126
  • Battery Mod 1001.jpg
    Battery Mod 1001.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 119
Secondly, building the battery costs a little much; around the same amount as 2 x TB48 cost. I still not decided is it going to be logical to make a battery costs that much compared to having 2 seperate TB48s which can offer around 22+22mins total.

You can see it also as some security against dead batteries. I don't want so see my bird dropping out of the sky just because the DJI batteries have some strange issue sometimes.

chris

Could you post pictures of your work? Are you saying, you get more run time by connecting on the other side of the board like in the picture I posted? I was also thinking maybe connecting to both sides with a diode on the lead going directly to the pack side negative so you wouldn't back feed and have the Inspire 1 turn on as soon as you insert the battery and still have your auxiliary battery work in case of Inspire battery shutdown, does that seem like a doable theory, If some could figure out the specs of a diode to use I would try it. I posted a second picture of what I'm suggesting.

No, I am saying direct cell to cell parallel connection. Check under the paper tape on cells board.

Some parts / batteries have arrived. More to come....

OH MY GOD! I just received my shipment from Thunder Power and the charger and power supply are HUGE and VERY HEAVY. People, this is serious charging hardware. I'm used to my Tenergy TB6 (which is a very good LIPO charger/balancer) but this Thunder Power equipment is BEASTLY! Cant wait to start my batt mods and use this stuff.

Reactions: damoncooper
OH MY GOD! I just received my shipment from Thunder Power and the charger and power supply are HUGE and VERY HEAVY. People, this is serious charging hardware. I'm used to my Tenergy TB6 (which is a very good LIPO charger/balancer) but this Thunder Power equipment is BEASTLY! Cant wait to start my batt mods and use this stuff.

Yeah these guys don't mess around. TP has the best quality LiPo tech around in my opinion.

Yeah these guys don't mess around. TP has the best quality LiPo tech around in my opinion.
Hi Damon,
My name is Rich and I've ordered the battery mount and am about to pull the trigger on the tp2700 lipos you mentioned earlier in this thread. Do you still recommend these?

Hi Damon,
My name is Rich and I've ordered the battery mount and am about to pull the trigger on the tp2700 lipos you mentioned earlier in this thread. Do you still recommend these?

Hey Rich, I do. I'll probably never run out of stuff to test but for right now those TP 2700's are really a great addition, super high quality and you'll love them.

Hey Rich, I do. I'll probably never run out of stuff to test but for right now those TP 2700's are really a great addition, super high quality and you'll love them.
Awesome, thanks for the reply and for posting that coupon code! Looking forward to this mod!:)

Last edited:

I saw in your new black edition thread that you are sending out batts for mod. Did you find doing the mod yourself too difficult? Based on the info in this thread seems some disassembly, minor mod to the shell (holes), solder work and reassembly. What made you decide to send it off instead of continuing to do it yourself?

I saw in your new black edition thread that you are sending out batts for mod. Did you find doing the mod yourself too difficult? Based on the info in this thread seems some disassembly, minor mod to the shell (holes), solder work and reassembly. What made you decide to send it off instead of continuing to do it yourself?
I really feel a little afraid doing that, but you maybe right, i have to think and feel more confidence on me, thanks any way.

Done them myself but my time is limited so my next batch will go out to get done. Time is something I have very little of these days!

Done them myself but my time is limited so my next batch will go out to get done. Time is something I have very little of these days!
same for me, no time, all day long 7/7 in my shop, dreaming to fly my inspire, my multi rotor Eagle G4, and try to find one free moment to make the mod. this is my life for this moment.
i saw the new bracket , like it and will order to prepare the coming manific X5R.

Iv posted this here as I suspect you folks may be able to help,

Does anyone have any decent close up images of the battery PCB on both sides they can share ?

if in wrong place tell me to sod off [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i can put some up for you tomorrow. i have a slightly bent one which will not work and therfore also have a battery i can not use :(
i will make some super closeups for you :)

i can put some up for you tomorrow. i have a slightly bent one which will not work and therfore also have a battery i can not use :(
i will make some super closeups for you :)

Thank you my friend really appreciate it [emoji106]

dear mad angler :) here are the pics i promissed
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455693965.331195.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455693978.813161.jpg

hope they are ok. if not i will make some pics with my nikon for you or under our video microscope :)
let me know.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adidasCampusShoes