Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best Firmware Version

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just bought a new Inspire 1 v2.0 to replace my ageing P3P.

Out of the box, the firmware is as follows...

A/C 1.9.1.30+
RC 1.6.0+
Camera 1.8.1.00
App. 3.1.10

Remember reading a while ago that the 'sweet spot' was firmware version 1.8.1 on AC, but its come with 1.9.1.30 already...

On powering up, it tells me that RC and Camera require update. Cant remember if it says AC needs, but i dont think so...

Can anyone advise me whether its best to do the updates as it says, or is it best to leave it as it is now. Or even downgrade if thats possible? To 1.8.1? Not sure if its possible...

Any recommendations on this before i start flying it?

Many thanks,
MichaelRIMG_1023.JPG

Fly it,enjoy it and try this version of software.If you feel fine I say leave it.I'm flying my Inspire with the second version of updates and never changed it.I don't need all of the b*llshit of sending my footage to the net.And flying circles I don't need software to do this.Also saves me a lot of time and frustration with not updating.Ignore those messages..
But this is only my opinion

Last edited:
Thanks Huppe,

Yes I have been flying P3P for last two years and never upgraded firmware beyond 1.4.1 and never had any issues.
I just remember someone on here saying version 1.8.1 was the one to stick with...

looking for details also what to upgrade to.. i dont use the inspire much and my V2 is on aircraft 1.4.000.10+ and RC 1.5.70+ :D

- edit -

Ending up going with:

App Version 3.1.13
Aircraft Version 1.8.1.00
Remote Controller Version 1.6.0
Camera Version 1.8.1.00

Last edited:
I say leave everything where it’s at for now if everything is working correctly. The old saying comes into play, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineL