Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best Monitor Devices

Reaction score
After today I'm done with ipads and iphones for my P4P and I2...I could go on about how crappy they are out in the Texas heat, and keep getting pissed about how much I've spent on them, but why bother. DONE!

So anyway, I was hoping to get some input from you guys on what your using out in the field in hot weather. I was going to get a High Bright CrystalSky last year but decided to hold out for the Ultra Bright. Basically do you feel it's worth the price, is there a considerable difference between the High and Ultra, and what other devices work well for you? I use both drones just about daily and I'm looking for a decent size screen (7-8 inch).

Looking forward to you input ASAP, as my week is booked and I need to end this overheating nightmare.

Thanks!!!

Reactions: Phil DeVore
What specific iPads have you run into the issues with? iPad Pros have been working great in our pretty hot but dry heat lately.

High vs. Ultra is a noticeable difference but the High has been more reliable. I personally would recommend going with the CS 7.85" High and then the 7.85" Hood/Cover.

In regards to heat testing, please reference this post one of our clients did for us with the CrystalSkys.

Reactions: breyeilers
What specific iPads have you run into the issues with? iPad Pros have been working great in our pretty hot but dry heat lately.

High vs. Ultra is a noticeable difference but the High has been more reliable. I personally would recommend going with the CS 7.85" High and then the 7.85" Hood/Cover.

In regards to heat testing, please reference this post one of our clients did for us with the CrystalSkys.

I'm currently using an iPad Mini 4 and other iPads (older) and my iphone as a back up. So there are issues with the Ultra? I would love to get away from a hood. Also I need something ASAP as I have big jobs lined up all next week. Pretty sure I can't get one delivered tomorrow so if there are other android devices to get me by that would help as well.

I'm currently using an iPad Mini 4 and other iPads (older) and my iphone as a back up. So there are issues with the Ultra? I would love to get away from a hood. Also I need something ASAP as I have big jobs lined up all next week. Pretty sure I can't get one delivered tomorrow so if there are other android devices to get me by that would help as well.

Gotcha, yeah it seems the Mini 4's have been really starting to struggle. We really liked that size, wish they would to a smaller version of the Pro.

The Ultras did have a backlight and overheating issue for some time but they since have replenished our inventory with an updated version with the faulty part fixed (this is the same unit DJI is directly replacing for end users that have run into the issue).

Check out our post here which has three Android devices that we and our clients have had success with. These may be able to be sourced locally at an electronics store.

Thanks for the info, though the android devices are a little dated now. I'll keep searching around.

Reactions: Advexure
I have had both the High bright and the ultra bright and saw little difference between the two. The ultra is brighter, but not twice as bright as the specs may lead one to believe. I currently use the high bright model on 3 different drones and love it. Haven't had any heat issues and can always see it.

Reactions: T-Bolt
I have had both the High bright and the ultra bright and saw little difference between the two. The ultra is brighter, but not twice as bright as the specs may lead one to believe. I currently use the high bright model on 3 different drones and love it. Haven't had any heat issues and can always see it.

Thank you! BTW I somehow misplaced my I2 tri-pod mount and I'm bummed cause there have been jobs I've wanted it for...keep thinking it will show up somewhere. LOL.

Oh hey another question, is it easy to swap the CrystalSky to other remotes?

I got the Crystalsky high brightness and it is awesome. Only wish that dronedeploy would be available for it. The brightness is well worth it, I saw one of the Ultras at the AUVSI show here in Denver and the added brightness is substantial I felt

Here is a High bright next to an Ultra. The Ultra is brighter, but I would only say about 20%.
Both are very visible in the sun.

a16.jpg

I got rid of the Ultra when I started hearing of the problems with them burning out.
(I understand that has been corrected)
98 degrees with sweltering humidity. No problem.

I had an ultra that, while still nearly new, developed the problem where the screen was invisible. DJI replaced it. The new one has been on several flights in cool weather without any problems. I really enjoy being able to see the screen clearly in bright daylight. The sunscreens for an ipad were a nuisance to use and the ipads were nearly useless with out a sunscreen on bright days. Bright days are the standard weather where I live.

However, with the arrival of hot weather a warning that the ultra is becoming too hot comes up after 20-30 minutes of operating in direct sun. I try to stand in the shade of a tree after the warning comes on or change that ultra for my second ultra which is cool in a case nearby. I don't know what would happen if I continued to fly with the ultra in direct sunlight. By hot weather I'm talking about around 90 F not the 100 plus that my Arizona neighbors to the south are faced with.

Thanks for the info. Just checked my wife's ipad and it's an Air 2...anyone no if that can tie me over until I get my CrystalSky?

Otherwise I may have to buy a Samsung Tab A today or tomorrow morning. I can always return it within a few weeks of purchase. I cant seem to find any of the others mentioned at retail stores.

Glad it works for you...in high temps, 95+?

Have not tested the Pro at those temps.

Was just offering some insight on screen glare.

I contemplated getting the CS, it was just too many complaints, hopefully some issues have been addressed by DJI.

Have not tested the Pro at those temps.

Was just offering some insight on screen glare.

I contemplated getting the CS, it was just too many complaints, hopefully some issues have been addressed by DJI.

Gotcha, ya my biggest issue is overheating. I can deal with the sun glare...hoods and shade. Thanks for the input.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArleneOce4