Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Calibrating the VPS system

Reaction score
The Go 4 app has started to issue a warning to calibrate the VPS system. When I connect the I2 to my computer and initiate the Assistant app and select calibration, I see the 3 tutorials . After viewing those slides I am unable to select "calibrate' as the app is telling me to reboot the I2. I seem to get into a never ending loop of viewing the 3 tutorials and not being able to initiate the VPS calibration sequence. What am I missing?

Reactions: mighty Eagle
I had the same issue until I updated my Apple laptop to the most current operating system. It worked fine after that.

Thanks for the reply. I am using a Windows 10 OS with all the latest updates. I will try updating the Assistant SW again and see if it will work as advertised. I'll get back here with the results.

You have flicked the USB switch on the I2 over to the PC mode haven't you? That silly little switch above the USB port....

Yep! I forgot about that... That sounds more like what his issue may be if his OS is current.

VPS Calibration successful!
VPS Calibration update. Successfully completed the VPS calibration. Here is the whole story:

My I2 has been performing very well and no issues except for those 'small' items reported on here such as the loose red propellers and a few 'bugs' in the latest FW update (V.240). However, a few days ago, after a few good flight tests, I noticed that Go 4 app indicated a information 'warning' to recalibrate the VPS system. Don't know why that showed up cause I experienced no harsh landings or mishandling. Anyway, I attempted to calibrate the VPS using the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 and kept receiving the notice to 'reboot' the I2 as explained above. With the help of suggestions from this Forum, I looked into both the screen resolution settings as well as the drivers being used by Assistant 2. As suggested I verified that my display settings were 1920X1080 and not 1600X900 as mentioned above. Also, as mentioned in the above post by Daroga, I verified that my computer did not have the correct driver for doing the VPS calibration using Assistant 2. I made the corrections to the screen resolution and installed the correct drivers and the VPS calibration worked successfully.

Thanks again to everyone who helped and hope this helps others. However, still not sure why the I2 wanted the VPS to be recalibrated in the first place but it's done and all is well again!

Reactions: Nola DroneWORX

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nylebrown77