Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Camera repaired doesn't look right.

Reaction score
Ok, just got my drone back from Inspire. Camera body was switched (my mark is gone now) I don't remember a micro USB connector on the camera. Finger prints on the lense, but also should one be able to see copper and ribbon cables between the junctions? I'll attach pics.

Attachments

• IMG_3955.JPG
    IMG_3955.JPG
    630 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3957.JPG
    IMG_3957.JPG
    613.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3959.JPG
    IMG_3959.JPG
    617.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3961.JPG
    IMG_3961.JPG
    621.5 KB · Views: 38
Oh yea also forgot to mention. They didn't even put the cam in the box right was open during shipping..

Attachments

• IMG_3954.JPG
    IMG_3954.JPG
    477.5 KB · Views: 21
Was it authorized repair center? Check if it works. The MicroUSB is always on the X3 camera you just haven't noticed. The ribbon cable is normal too but I'm not sure if the motor parts were as visible on mine.

Last edited:
i will also concur with the above. The X3 has always had a micro usb on it.
Its hard to miss.
Also the ribbon cable is normal
the copper you see are the brushless motor windings.

All normal.

Now to follow up on what you said, how does this not look right to you when you never even noticed the camera has a micro usb on the back?
One has to handle the camera each and every time you install it, so unless you have a landing mode case and never removed the camera, I can't see how someone doesn't handle the camera each time its put to use.

i will also concur with the above. The X3 has always had a micro usb on it.
Its hard to miss.
Also the ribbon cable is normal
the copper you see are the brushless motor windings.

All normal.

Now to follow up on what you said, how does this not look right to you when you never even noticed the camera has a micro usb on the back?
One has to handle the camera each and every time you install it, so unless you have a landing mode case and never removed the camera, I can't see how someone doesn't handle the camera each time its put to use.
This was sent out to me by a friend of mine the official owner. We thought I would be able to take it and at least drop it off at the local repair center. Found out after it was here. So I have not handled it a ton of times. By have been given the history and all by my friend. We're trying at this point to check up on everything and make sure there is no other issues.
So far seems "ok" though the crappy explanation of "just broke down" as DJI put it after the firmware update is beyond crap. But yea even if the micro connector is there. Still doesn't explain WHY they changed the shell of the camera. More so since I marked it in a very non obvious way.

Based on history alone I have no trust with DJI

This was sent out to me by a friend of mine the official owner. We thought I would be able to take it and at least drop it off at the local repair center. Found out after it was here. So I have not handled it a ton of times. By have been given the history and all by my friend. We're trying at this point to check up on everything and make sure there is no other issues.
So far seems "ok" though the crappy explanation of "just broke down" as DJI put it after the firmware update is beyond crap. But yea even if the micro connector is there. Still doesn't explain WHY they changed the shell of the camera. More so since I marked it in a very non obvious way.

Based on history alone I have no trust with DJI
I doubt they would bother to change the shell out. Is the S/N the same?
The X3 are cheap as chips and old tech now so they more than likely just swapped yours out with a replacement repaired one they have lined up on the shelves.
They will repair your one and throw it out to someone else.

I doubt they would bother to change the shell out. Is the S/N the same?
The X3 are cheap as chips and old tech now so they more than likely just swapped yours out with a replacement repaired one they have lined up on the shelves.
They will repair your one and throw it out to someone else.
Bingo!
They confirmed by email today and tried to quote some policy about not giving back the parts.. so really they take your stuff and charge for other "fixed" stuff kinda crappy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP