Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

CFI for your 107 app.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charles.mabry, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Charles.mabry

Does anyone need a CFI to sign off as recommending instructor on their 107 app?

If so, shoot me a PM. I'll need to verify a few things but can sign you off if needed.

2. ADT

ADT

Isn't this only needed if you fail the 107 exam?

3. Charles.mabry

If you're already a licensed pilot and took the online course for your 107 today is the first day you can submit an application. After you submit your application a CFI needs to Verify your info and sign your application.

My buddy and I just ran into a hiccup with my application... The applicant and CFI need to be "together" to sign the app on the same computer. We flew together so I trust him and just gave him my log in info to sign for me.... That might not fly for some.... But as a last resort I'll help out if anyone needs it.

4. ADT

ADT

Ah, gotcha. That makes more sense now that I know it is related to the Part 61 exam.

5. Ryan Van Scotter

That's a bit confusing, I have a Thursday appointment at the FSDO and I don't have a CFI signoff. I leu of a BFR I have my 121 check ride and as an alternate my AF Form 8 check ride that supposedly counts.

6. Charles.mabry

If you have an appointment with the FSDO you wont need a sign off... I guess its only for the online IACRA applications

7. Ryan Van Scotter

Ahh Yes that makes sense. I'm sure it'll all go over like a fart in a space suit...